Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphin Dreaming II (Sonar)
I dreamt that I was with my dolphin friends and we were swimming, but we were swimming in the air. We were swimming through a shopping mall full of Christmas and shopping, then I heard my dolphin friend say, "This is amazing!" I saw through his eyes that everything had turned to distorted psychedelic waves. I knew that this was due to his sonar becoming confused by the rebounding echoes of sound within the mall. I understood then that when cetaceans such as dolphins use their sonar, the audio signal travels through the vision centre of their brain. They don't hear like you and I hear, when they hear sounds, their brain creates a "hallucinogenic" overlay that is a visual representation of the audio signal. It is as if they live in two worlds, the visual and the hallucinogenic auditory. However, for them, the hallucinogenic auditory world is the more real. Other animals have this ability as well and it works through a similar mechanism, especially bats and elephants. Elephants have a vlf sonar that works like an over the horizon radar. Once again, they see the sounds as a hallucinogenic overlay to their regular vision. Elephants have their "normal" hearing as well, but I now doubt that bats and cetaceans do.