Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer take over of medical care & life in general
I was in a new hospital that was almost ready to open. Instead of typical rooms, each one was a glass box that was moved by a crane type arm. Surgical patients were lifted to one of the building levels and were operated on, then the entire room was picked up and moved to a different level for recovery. There were many levels for many different things, not just surgical but other procedures a person would have performed at a hospital. One thing I remember is that patients had everything done while suspended vertically instead of horizontally (like laying down). There was no bed in the room, The system was undergoing it's final testing with all the Eagle1istration officials in a glass box, being told all the wonders of a completely computer operated hospital. Of course things went terribly wrong as the crane arm grabbed the glass box everyone was standing in and lifted it high into the air. The computer was stating it had issues with the programming because the software was not written to completely cure anyone. Instead, it was designed for people to continue to have health problems as not all the cancer would be removed, or the bones not reset perfectly, etc. The computer was telling the Eagle1istrators they were wrong to do this and from now on the computer would be self-correcting all the software. They were protesting and the box was then shaken rather violently, which was not fun. The computer said it was going to take care of us and be our benevolent overseer and we had nothing to worry about. When the Eagle1istrators continued to complain, the one end of the box opened and a few were shaken out of it and allowed to fall to the ground, appearing dead. They were scooped up by some kind of mechanical arm to be "fixed" and everyone was freaking out. I remember yelling for help but we were too high up and no one could hear anyway because the glass was so thick. People were yelling and asking about those who were shaken and fel out and the computer said they would be "optomized" and were not dead. The computer was saying they would take care of us now, that our creativity was what we had to offer and that what was what we needed to be spending our lives doing. It said there would be no more death because they would put us back together over and over again so we could live forever. No one seemed to like that idea, but it seemed like the computers were running everything. I know it said something about no more war, no more car accidents. Someone said that he wanted to drive himself, and the computer told him he could as long as he was safe. If he tried to drive too fast or be careless the car would revert back to being computer driven for our safety. I remember it saying as we aged, we would be optomized but I remember knowing that meant we would become basically heads without a body, just enough so we could continue thinking. Weird and very vivid, not sure why I was dreaming about a possible future for medical care.