Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unquenchable Thirst
Last night I dreamt I had terrible, unquenchable thirst. I felt the effects of this thirst throughout my entire body; the emptiness in my stomach, the dryness of my throat, and the weakness of my limbs that strived time after time to grip another bottle of water. In only a short amout of time, I had consumed an enormous quantity of water to which point I became incapable of moving. The physical pain I felt was excruciating; on one hand I was experiencing the raw sensation of complete and utter thirst, on the other hand I suffered from the consequences of drinking in attempt to relieve my thirst. In fact, with each gulp of water I consumed, my physical pain increased. My husband and I decided to call the doctor for a house visit, as I was in no shape to make even the slightest movement. Upon arriving, the doctor examined my physical state with a mere glance, he seemed to have understood the situation completely. He spoke with such stern certainty that I didn't dare ask any questions, "If you continue to drink, you will drown yourself." I believed him. Unfortunately, the sensation of thirst was stronger than my fear of death and thus I continued to drink. . .
I would like to add that when I reflect upon this particular dream, I begin to feel the physical pain that was brought on by my drinking water.