Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After the End of the World
It was 12/21/2012 again, or the minutes counting down to it. I was in an auditorium with a couple dozen people. The big transition 'event' was supposed to happen at 18:32 but that had come and gone. People figured oh well, nothing happened, guess there was nothing this 2012 stuff. But at 18:48, we looked out the window and a comet was passing by against a starry sky. Suddenly the sky lit up to bright twilight conditions, and we all felt an electrical buzz and burning sensation. Then a sharp pain hit our throats and we clutched at it. The whole thing felt like getting irradiated by an intense burst of gamma rays. I guessed it was a supernova burst or something. Our bodies went numb and we collapsed to the floor, and I died.
After a few seconds of blackness, I awoke staring at a frescoed ceiling in a nice resort building atop a mountain. I went outside and everyone else was there, and there was a celebratory feeling. We all had different bodies from before, so they didn't recognize me until I chose a name. An omnipresent booming friendly voice from above said, "Hello Antoine" and I protested that this wasn't my real name, and I almost forgot what my old real name was, but remembered and corrected him, and this voice greeted me with the new name. I walked around outside with sunshine and gardens and a feeling of accomplishment, shaking people's hands. It was like we just went through something important, survived it (well, we were dead in the old, but now alive in a new reality). So I figured that I had died and gone to heaven, and it wasn't so bad. The big event happened, just later than people originally assumed.