Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Purple T-Rex and the Mistaken Grandma
In this dream I am in a familiar place from my life. St. John's in North Portland. It's a funky old neighborhood with heavy industry, marine industry, and all the old houses from the factory days.
At first I'm walking around by the bridge over the Willamette where I used to go at lunchtime every day. It's beautiful by the river despite the shipyards and rail lines. There's lots of little houses and I found myself talking with a hunched over old lady with white hair and a cane on her front porch. It was sunny and warm out.
We exchanged hellos as strangers will in Portland, we're friendly and polite here. I had stopped to chat on my walk and as we were talking I realized she was slipping into a kind of dementia. She began speaking to me as if I were her son. Calling me by name. I tried to back away and she became agitated. She couldn't understand what was going on and kept asking me why I wanted to go.
I ran from this crazyness. Downhill towards the river and shipyards. The rusty steel buildings, no sidewalks, weeds sun and cement. Summer. In my dreams as I run I will always fall forward and do a "shoulder roll" which leaves me in the middle of streets. I could hardly go faster than the grandma as I got up, ran a few steps, tumbled forward into a shoulder roll, and sitting up on the pavement again. Panic setting in.
I found myself a short distance away up on the bluff nearby where the nicer houses are, closer to the university. I was in my front yard (not my real house, just mine in the dream) telling my wife what had just happened and suddenly a house sized blob dropped onto a house several houses down and across the street. It totally smashed the house it landed on, shook the ground with a mighty 'wham'. Everything stopped as the shape began to take the form of a giant T-rex sort of unrolling itself from a fetal ball form. It sprang to it's feet rather quickly, a giant 60 foot Tyrannosaurus, covered in mucus and a deep blood like purple color.
We ran inside to hide from it. Hiding in our living room as it stomped down the street looking from left to right into the houses through the front windows. It eventually passed and we heard it move down the street and out of our neighborhood.