Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The tide rolls in....
I rarely dream of water in any form, and this dream surprised me. I NEVER have dreams about disasters, and was doubly shocked by the dream content. Very graphic and intense but lacking any fear or sadness. I was "there" but far enough away (and I felt I was previously informed of the event and safe because of this) to be unharmed.

The dream started on a warm humid evening in a rural setting or suburb of a larger city. Semi dark outdoors...but business continued as if it was daytime. Humid like near the ocean in the Southern U.S. I was working on a project for my employer from a home office. A consultant came in and we spoke for a short time. Strange situation but not the big action in the dream. When he left I noticed a small upstairs area of the house was sagging ( yes, like seriously sloped ) and I ran outside to see what was causing this. Sinkhole from what I could see.
I drove to Walmart to pick up a few things for repair, and noticed how few cars were in the lot. Drove back home, and walked out toward the city park to find my son to help with repairs. I had to cross a small wood and stone bridge that spanned a pond ( tidewater type area), and found my son staring a gaping hole in the middle of the bridge. The tidewater under the bridge was WAY up, and slapping through the hole, sloshing over the bridge. We quickly got off the bridge to safety.
As I watched the water kept rising, like the tide was coming in. But it came in too fast and way too far. Overruning everything washing things away. We drove back toward town to escape the waters ended up back near the Walmart, on a higher bluff overlooking the area. The tide came in....and starting washing over the land. Cars were washed away...people screaming and running. Power flashes from the direction of the big city (somewhere in the Carolinas I felt). The water rolled up to the edge of the bluff and contined to rise, covering the buildings below. I looked into the water and saw bodies...cars....floating and banging together.
I knew we were safe (higher ground) but was amazed and atunned by the event. I really haven't dreamed of disasters before and this was astoundingly real and very detailed.