Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink noise quake and the floating lanterns
I had this dream a few days ago.
I was with two men on the west coast of somewhere. We were all white males about 45-55 years old. The sun was going down and we were watching it. A beautiful sunset over a blue ocean as we watched from the driveway of our vacation house. The houses were on a rocky cliff above the ocean. You could walk down to the beach, but it was downhill a couple hundred yards and steep.
One of the guys gets out two Chinese box kite/lantern things. The kind that you light a candle or torch in and it floats from the heated air. These were about 2 or 3 feet square, wood framed, white fabric, with Chinese words, one on each side. He lit the torches and sort of lofted them into the growing darkness of the deep blue nightfall. They drifted out to sea and rose to where you might fly a kite when giant bundles of firecrackers inside them began to ignite. Popping, hissing, flashing, and eventually catching fire the kites fell and the event was over. In all, about 4 minutes.
At the moment the kites began falling I became aware the ground was shaking. Everyone was fixated on the burning popping lamps, even the neighbors. I bent to put my hand on the ground. It was warm cement driveway, and it was rumbling gently. The frequency was that of pink noise played through a subwoofer, so all you feel is 20-100 Hz of random rumble. Like a waterfall can shake the ground, only more "pointy" spikes in freqency.
I called to my pals just as the lanterns fell out of sight, the sun just below the horizon, "hey, the ground is shaking". They were surprised, and suddenly noticed it. We wondered out loud what it could be, it just kept going for minutes, not growing or subsiding, just buzzing/rumbling feeling in our feet. We felt it more than heard it. Eventually it faded rather quickly, we just stood there going "what the hell was that?" and trying to think of what it could be.