Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling Sinkhole Collapse
Vivid colors, smells and feelings thoughout this dream. I've been in the southeast US for the last 19 years.

Somewhere in The Netherlands (I had an office in The Hoorn in the 90's but haven't been there since), a very Urban (built up) area.
I was with people I apparently knew but couldn't place a face. We were on top of a 3 or 4 story apartment building enjoying some kind of get together late afternoon, early evening with a partly cloudy sky. All of a sudden a few blocks away, the ground began to give way as we saw buildings and roads 'roll' into the ground. It looked like a sink hole but we couldn't see the 'hole', just everything around it begin to roll into the center and disappear.
While a few of the people I was with kind of starred in awe, I began to get down from the building and head the opposite direction. I found myself running through the streets and into various buildings, mostly shops and pubs where I found most people were completely unaware of what was going on, again, the colors, smells and feeling were very vivid.
As I continued to move away from the rolling collapse, I occasionally got a glimpse of the rolling collapse behind me and it was growing with large sections of the town and city being consumed. As I encountered more people, more seemed to realize what was going on and started to panic. I eventually came to an area typical of Dutch town centers and could see even more of the rolling collapse in the distance. It seemed to 'feed' on itself with the more it consumed.
I eventually ran into what seemed like a train station and was about to get onto a train and then woke up.
It seemed as real as if I was actually there. Timeline seemed current or just ahead by a few weeks or months.

It was truly an amazing experience.