Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder Boat: a new reality game show
I was a twenty something guy, from the South. We sailed on a large container ship, the film stage for a new reality game show called Murder Boat.
In the dream we never got past the preparation for filming. I was with the other contestants, and like a reality show the producers had picked a variety of age/sex/race people for the show. I was the young hillbilly type. It was warm and all I wore was a worn out trucker hat (red) and a worn out old flannel, also red and unbuttoned. From the waste down I am sure I was dressed, but I don't recall in what.
There were people of all age groups, up to age 60 or so. We lounged on the deck in good weather and had discussions that later would be used in the show production. Just talking about all kinds of stuff. As I "joined" the dream it was apparent that on the first night on the boat my dude had sex with one of the young women. I was getting over it as the seriousness of the situation was setting in.
The dream ended at night, when we were examining one of the play areas. It was the cargo hold, empty except for several dozen pallets of freight (4x4x6 foot high or so) which were arranged neatly around the edge of the hold. The hold being about as big as a hockey rink, this left a large open area in the middle. Outside the ring of pallets you could walk around also. There were doors on the outside walls in places, to allow access from all sides. The hold was well lit and had a high ceiling with all the studio gear, lights, catwalks, cameras etc.
I was looking at the shooting lines from one set of doors, across. What would it be like trying to see the others moving amongst the freight. I said to the oldest guy, "I fully intend to be blowing people's feet off in here." At which point he says to the others "Okay, anyone else going to be apologizing for their rifles now?" He went on "all you gotta do is do that, and in the right order, and you'll be the guy!"
Suddenly, as I walked back out into the open air, away from the hold, it hit me that I was unlikely to survive, being one of 20 people trying to kill all the other people. Dread filled me along with the certainty I could not escape it, and had better try my best.