Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear attack
Let me preface this by saying I am very at odds with dreaming. I fought in Afghanistan and dream replayed experiences of the war in a very vivid manner. I have always dreamed about events that I went through. my dreams are exactly accurate to the event including emotions, sights, sounds, smells, even sweat, and dust on my teeth or the feel of coagulating blood on my hands.
A few months ago I dreamt I was driving a white ford pickup down I80 west home from Davis CA. I'm guessing it was springtime because the field around me were green and it was overcast. Looking back I remember not seeing any other cars on the road. All of a sudden there was this loud roar and my truck was blown off the freeway down a steep embankment where the nose of my truck was horribly smashed into the ground at around a 45 degree angle. I woke up to what looked like flakes of snow falling from the sky. It wasn't cold. I was sluggish and disoriented. As I attempted egress I noticed that I was weak and had a distinct lack of fine motor control. I got out of the vehicle and fell to the ground; that is when It occurred to me that the snowflakes were fallout. There was a house that had a private road leading up to the freeway. And I staggered towards it. I had to find my wife and in order to do that I needed help. I didn't knock and as I burst into the family room I saw an elderly man and his wife dead on a seventies puke green and orange plaid couch. It became a different situation I needed a car and a gun. The walls of the house hade fake wood trim and there was a hunting trophy on the wall behind the couch. As I staggered past the television I turned it on. I listened to a young man talk about a possible nuclear attack on the Bay Area. While I was rifling through stuff looking for keys and a gun it occurred to me that radiation probably killed the couple on the couch and I would have certainly received a lethal dose myself. Then I came to the realization that I was deteriorating. I thought to myself that my natural toughness would see me through as it always had and I didn't give a damn if I died but I couldn't do it until I made sure my wife was okay. I had keys and a winchester 30-30 and as I fought for every step to the old couple's Buick I thought that if I lived through this I would go back to the army and punish whoever had done this. The dream ended there.
Since then I have identified the embankment, and the house they exist exactly as in my dream. I can't think whether I had seen them before my dream or not. This dream woke me with an overwhelming sense of dread which returns when I think about it. It was as if it had already happened.