Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indian Summer
I intended to participate on project august again. Started with the recommended procedure to
force some insights concerning august. But not as last week, where I had a strong feeling of being
at august, this time I'm not sure.
I had two dreams, one shortly following the other. After I woke up, I made some notices.
In the morning I wrote the full text.

The First Dream:

we (my wife and a befriended couple) were strifing through my hometown on the search of a book.
Dont know exactly what kind of book. We eventually found it in a sleeping room which I was familiar with.
It was a small, about 15x10x4cm black book. I have something similar on my bookshelf, an old lexicon.
There was no obvious reason why we should search for that book, just a kind of certainty.

The city was dark because of the deep clouds and thick black smoke
all around. Some fire nests here and there.

We drove around with a small european car. Just big enough to hold 4 persons.
After we got the book, we headed to the rim of the town, where my friend owns a small house.
When we arrived there, everything was also layerd with black dirt. Some smaller single fires were burning.
Some glow nests in the bushes nearby. Not a very pleasant place.

So we decided to leave and go south to the mountains.
There we drove our car as high as possible and the hiked up the mountain until we reached a hut. The weather
was fine and we had blue skies above.
At the hut an older, sturdy women received us - as if she awaited us.

The women was clothed in something like a leather costume. It reminded me of some kind of a native american
costume as I know it from film. White with woven black and yellow / red braid and fringes on the arms
and legs. Pocahontas or winnetous sister Wink

All around the meadows were full in grass. High, about 20cm, lush and deep green. I had some strong feeling
of indian summer. But it was not fall. It was early / high summer, with a native american.

After we arrived, she guided us to a peak from where we could overlook the scenery.
Above us, the sky was blue and we stood in sunshine. But farther away the peaks
were covered from dark clouds. Only way farther away there was a small view between two peaks, where blue sky
was visible again.

After viewing the scenery we went slowly back to the hut. Because of the great weather I decided to
get up the mountain again, just for fun. Again up the hill I deliberately slided down
the slope over the fat green meadow with just a pair of simple leather sandals - like a skier.
That was so much fun! There was laughter and joy!

-------------------------
The title maybe strange, but it reflects a kind of certain feeling when dreaming.
I always think of "Indian Summer" of some kind of special weather condition. Warm, soft wind, no chill, no blinding but low light and
warm colors. And maybe its also meant as "the summer of the native american".

The whole dream episode may show a situation in the future. The book symbolizes the hunt for knowledge. We / I have
to gather the knowledge and take it with me.

The city may be uninhabitable - not sure if the dark clouds and the fire stands for real fire / natural catastrophy or
is a symbol for social conflicts.

Heading to the mountains may be the best choice. The native american symbolizes mother nature wich welcomes us.

The view shows the closer and the more distant future. A short time with darker clouds will be followed by blue skies.

The skiing with the leather sandals shows that we may have great fun living simple, without high tech equipment.