Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of fire
This dream occurred approximately one month ago.I was in a classroom, sitting at a desk and working on a handout. The handout was one of those old mimeograph papers, rather grainy, but still legible, a map of the Pacific Ocean and the coastlines of the continents on either side. Alongside each coastline were hashmarks of varying numbers. I was coloring in the hashmarks with colored pencils, green, red, and black. I had already colored in the eastern coastlines, with S. America having several red hashmarks. Up along the coast of the US were two areas with black hashmarks, off the coast of the Pacific NW and SoCA. These areas also had two rows of hashmarks. On the west coastlines, I was in the process of coloring red in the hashmarks next to the Phillipine Islands. I had already colored Japan's hashmarks black and some hashmarks that represented Indonesia as green.Somehow I knew we were coloring in the areas where earthquakes were going to happen. The hashmarks represented the severity of the earthquakes and the colors represented level of damage and/or loss of life. Green meant minimal damage, no loss of life. Red meant possible major damage, some loss of life. Black meant total destruction and massive loss of life.As I colored, another student asked, "Why are we coloring this area?" The teacher-a man-replied, "This is why it's called the 'Ring of Fire'."