Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow up to Ring of Fire
A week after I had the "Ring of Fire" dream, I had what I can only term a follow up dream because it felt related to the previous dream. It also felt real, in that I was there, experiencing the events but everything was completely silent.

I was in a car, heading out of a city/area that I just knew was Los Angeles. There had been an earthquake, a huge earthquake. Buildings were down. Fires everywhere. Roads were cracked, bridges had collapsed. There was a tsunami warning. People were frantically trying to go east. What passable roads were left were packed with traffic. Up ahead, one car hit another. Both drivers got out of their cars and began arguing. Even though I couldn't hear anything, I knew horns were blaring and people were yelling for them to get moving. I watched them as I thought "You don't have time for this." Other people got out of their cars and began pushing the disabled cars out of the way. When the arguing drivers objected, they were beaten.
I got out of my car and looked back at the city. Smoke hung over the whole area but I knew the wave was coming. People were out of time and those on this road weren't far enough away or high enough to escape. As I stood there, water began creeping up over my boots. I watched the water rise, faster and faster, swirling around me. I didn't look but knew people were abandoning their cars and just running as fast as they could to escape. The water rose past my knees to my thighs, to my waist. I didn't try to run because I knew it would be no use. The water was flowing too fast. Around me, the water pushed against the abandoned cars and they began to move from the force of the water. Even though I couldn't hear, I knew people were screaming, crying, begging to be saved, praying. I just waited as the water rose higher and higher, knowing that I wouldn't drown but that I was there to act as a witness of what was happening.
This dream, coming after the other one, rattled me enough that I haven't been able to forget either.