Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Arena
Date: 2014-05-20
Time: 0718
Type: Standard, linear, POV

I am in Valley Park arena, playing professional ice hockey with a group of people. My shift is very long, lasting nearly the entire first half of the game. As we leave for the second intermission, the hockey nets get taken away, and suddenly a public skate begins. Made up mostly of kids of all ages, they skate in a counter-clockwise direction. Now out of my hockey equipment, I make the decision to join them. I skate quickly through the masses, making sharp, step-over turns and enjoying myself. At the Zamboni half, I'm disappointed that we don't skate in the opposite direction. A male, hockey-player friend joins me and skates backwards in front of me, just for kicks.

As the public skate ends, I move to the center of the rink and find that my skates have disappeared. Instead, I have on a pair of black, Umbro indoor soccer shoes. Sitting down on the ice, I take my shoes off one-by-one and shake them upside down to get rid of some of the sand and debri. After resting my feet for a bit, someone signals to me that the skate is over so I stand up and walk toward the open gate to my left. On my way, I find 2 identical green Centon USB sticks lying on the ice. I realize that one of them is mine, so I call out "