Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Dreaming
I usually have anywhere from one to three dreams every night. Unfortunately, If I go back to bed and dream again, I usually lose the first dream (I forget it) and it is replaced by whatever dream I have next. Luckily, I read the advice given on this site yesterday, and it seems to have worked! I woke up from the first dream and lied absolutely still while telling myself that I would not forget the dream. Then promised myself that I would remember the next dream and thought of myself having the dream and writing it down... before I knew it I was asleep. Strangely enough, I realized when I had woken up that I dreamt of each my grandparents who had passed away. I can't say I have many dreams like that...

In the first dream, I was living with my Grandfather (I called him Paw-paw). It was a pretty normal dream... In it we talked and poked fun at one another just as we would in real life. In spite of his age, there were a few times he would take me out to see a movie somewhere or go shopping, today was one of those days. I had my boys with me and we went to a huge theater. Of course, my boys would start fussing and acting up mid-movie.

I franticly tried to calm them down. It didn't help that everyone in the theater had turned around to glare at us. My Paw-paw went to go get the boys something to eat, and as he left I was a woman with a kind face actually moving back towards us (We were in the VERY back of the theater). I wasn't sure if I should be worried about her or if she just wanted to help. She was smiling at my boys which made me think that she must love kids... but in this day in age, you never know. Better keep an eye on her.

My Paw-paw came back with Ice cream of all things. ICE CREAM! WHY?! You haven't LIVED until you have tried to wrestle and control three small kids with ice cream cones. It was absolute chaos in the back. Luckily, the kind woman offered to help. With each of us looking after ONE boy, things calmed down and we were able to finish the show. After the show, two young people (One girl and one guy -- I would guess them to be about 25 at most), approached me and started asking questions about me and my grandfather. To be more precise, they wanted to know if we were members of the Tea Party. My first thought was "Well, if we were, it would be NONE of your business..." but I couldn't help but wonder WHY they would want to know something like that.

They told me that they were working for "Washington Times" and that they were doing "research". I suddenly got the feeling that they did not mean well. Whatever they were gathering information for was probably a REALLY bad thing. I refused to talk to them and they followed me around asking questions about my grandfather and whether or not HE was a member of the Tea Party. In truth, I honestly don't know. I've never heard him talk about it, but that was still NONE of their business.

They followed us all the way home. They just barged in there like they owned the place. My grandfather was tired and went to bed, leaving me alone with these jerks. The guy actually went to what was MY room and went to sleep on MY bed. Rude.

The girl followed me around with her notepad hounding me for information. "Just tell me about your grandfather! What kind of man is he?" At this point, enough was enough. "You want to know what kind of man he is? Fine! Let me tell you what kind of man he is!" I went on to tell her that he was an army veteran who was fighting and losing to cancer. I watched him be treated HORRIBLY at the VA hospitals... and even so he would come home with a smile on his face. He was the kind of man who saw me abandoned as a teen and took me in, he didn't even care that I wasn't his flesh and blood. He was the kind of man that would take me out just to get soft drinks so that I could learn to socialize. He was the kind of man that would help anyone in need... even if he knew that person would only bite him in the butt later on. THATS what kind of man he was... so what difference did it make if he was a member of the Tea Party!?

I was crying at this point. Everything I had said was very true. That IS the kind of man he was. The hateful smile she had been wearing dropped and her arms fell to her sides. I don't think that was the answer she wanted. She looked as if she wanted to cry too.

About that time her partner woke up and upon seeing me, he started asking me questions. She slapped him with her notepad and told him to shut up and leave me alone. I dug around for a piece of paper to put my name and number on. If she had anymore questions about my grandfather --not the tea party-- I would be happy to answer.

The second dream I had was even weirder. I was visiting my grandmother and grandfather from my father's side. I had my youngest son with me, wrapped in a blanket and was introducing him to them. They seemed happy to see him, but told me I had to get ready. Things were going to change soon. I had no idea what they meant... but then things started to get dark and I passed out.

I awoke lying in a semi-wooded area. It was like wastelands meets the forests of Louisiana. Very creepy... but familiar. It took me a second to realize that this was a world I have had many reoccurring dreams about as a child. There were no birds tweeting, no animals around, and absolutely NO people... just the four of us. We would have to climb down some rocky terrain... my grandmother wanted to take my son and carry him for me, but I refused. I thought he would be safer with me. We traveled down the rocky mountain side (Which was weird, because I don't think we have many if any of those in Louisiana) and through the weird dying forests.

We finally came across a clearing... looking out onto the land ahead... it looked like what I would imagine hell to look like. It was a huge stretch of dead-looking red clay with stones and spires sticking out everywhere. There was a huge slope we would have to walk up... I took the baby blanket out from around my son and used it to fasten a sort of baby carrying pouch around me. There was no guarantee that I wouldn't slip and lose footing here. Going up a slope covered with rocks on hard, dried red clay is a tricky thing... I didn't want to risk dropping him.

When we got to the top of the slop, I looked down across the dead valley to see what looked like lava. LAVA?! The sky was dark, even though it was the middle of the day, but had it not been so dark, we would likely have dehydrated. We were getting ready to travel again after taking a short break, when I saw this weird glowing bird. It was a light, glowing baby blue color. I wish I could say that it was beautiful and sweet... but it had these beady little eyes that I didn't trust. It also had a really LONG beak and tail... It was fascinating to look at but I didn't get the feeling it was a good thing.

I went to poke it, and it squawked and made a jab at me with that beak. I threw a few rocks at it until it flew away... I didn't want that thing following us. I was relieved when it left... but then looked down in my pouch to see that my son had turned into one of them. He was trying to fly away, but I stuffed him in my pouch and twisted it a bit so that he couldn't get out. If there was some way he could turn into one, then surly there had to be a way to turn him back into a baby? Right?

We were about to carry on when my grandmother stopped me. She said the air was full of poisonous dust up ahead and she needed to wrap my head before we could continue. Ok? I stood there while she wrapped my hair in a long shawl, but then she kept on until my entire head was wrapped. My ears, my eyes, my mouth, my nose... It was ALL wrapped up. Luckily, the fabric was somewhat thin so I could kinda sorta see where I was going. My grandmother and grandfather, on the other hand, did not wrap their heads. Maybe because they had already passed away?

After walking for what seemed to be FOREVER, we came to some abandoned houses and decided it would be a good place to rest. As it got dark, I noticed something rise in the sky... it was a huge arch that looked as if it were made out of fire. In the middle of it was a circle, and in the middle of the circle was a ball of fire, and towards the bottom Under the ball of fire was a semi-circle with the arch pointing towards the bottom of the circle.

I got the feeling this was some sort of eye or something, and hid against the wall peeking out from the house we chose... as the arch rose into the sky, behind it rose the moon... but the moon looked as if it were on fire too! It was absolutely freaky.

I tried to cover the window with what was left of the shredded curtains above it... I opened the door to the next room to find a bed. I knew my grandparents HAD to be exhausted... I went to dust it and behind the bed was some sort of tiny, weird gremlin-like man. He had to be maybe 2-3 feet tall... but he had some mean little pointy teeth, reddish skin, and a spear. He charged at me and pushed me down. He was MUCH stronger than he looked so I got worried. I managed to kick him off and it seemed to stun him for a second... but the moment I got off the ground he jumped up and came after me again... I noticed that he was not just aiming that spear at me, he was going for my pouch! I couldn't let him hurt my baby, I kicked him down and stabbed him with a shard of broken glass lying on the floor. I thought I had killed him, but when I turned to leave the room, he jumped on my back and began untying the pouch, so I threw him down to the ground somehow, and started stabbing him with other pieces of glass until he was dead.

I felt horrible that I had to kill him, but he was trying to kill my son. My grandparents made their way in about that time to see what I had done and acted impressed. Whatever that guy was, it must have been pretty bad. We were planning about sleeping and making our next move in the morning. Apparently there was nothing we could do while that arch in the sky.

I wasn't sure if the arch would be important... if so, my description might not have given the right image, so I made a quick image of what I saw in paint. If you could imagine the arch and moon on fire, you'd get a good idea of what I saw...