Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really weird triathlon dream
I don't know that this fits into any future headlines, but its what I got after doing the project August intention statement...

I started out and I was in a garage. I knew that I had a race to do soon; the garage had been redone into a bedroom. My wife and I were staying at a house to do a triathlon with others. I was hungry, for some reason there was a giant bowl on a table; it had bagels, rolls, and also one rainbow sprinkle chocolate donut. Everything was brown, the chocolate a very dark brown, I believe the sprinkles were only red white and blue. I decided I wanted the donut, I reached in and pulled it out. For some reason, even though it was a very small donut, it had tons of white custard all over it which dripped out over everything, including my hands. I don't recall eating the donut, and I wound up washing off my hands to get the custard off.

Next I was in a muddy field. It was nighttime. I knew that I had already completed the swim of the triathlon. For some reason everybody was stopped, as if to start the race again. I don't know what I had done, but I was asking if I needed to serve a time penalty for something I had done on the swim. The officials didn't know what I was talking about. The horn sounded, everybody started off, I sat there looking at my watch choosing to serve whatever penalty I thought I was supposed to have served. I then rant to my bike and got on. It was supposed to be 3 loops on the bike. It was still dark out, I was riding and could see just enough, but did not have a night light. I am a very strong biker and was surprised I was not catching up to anybody. After two laps, for some reason I stopped and dropped my bike, and went back to the house to take a rest. The house was filthy. I was looking out, asking the other people in the house why nobody else seemed to be out on the bike leg; somebody told me they were all taking a rest, just like me. I did see a few bike headlights going by on the street. I decided I should get going on the race again; I went into the bathroom to get my triathlon suit. It was wet and sandy, and I thought it would be really disgusting to get back into it. I felt I needed to use the bathroom, and looked at the toilet. It had apparently gotten backed up; the bowl water was a very dark brown, and there was brown water over the top of the rear tank. I was considering going to the other bathroom, when a doorbell rang. The doorbell was extremely real, as if it was the home doorbell, not in the dream. This woke me from the dream.

For the record, part of my intention is that I will wake up when the dream is finished so I will remember it. I have had a previous occasion with the exact same doorbell sound that woke me from a dream, nobody was at the house door.

I did not recognize any location in the dream. I believe that the dream indicated King Kamehameha highway for riding, which would mean the island of Kona (where I will be doing a 70.3 race shortly, but I will not be staying at a filthy house and it won't be August).