Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A LONG VINE AND PROPERTY LINES
I am in my backyard and there are neighbors around. I am weeding a corner near the house and notice there are a few evergreen trees that are not green, I ask my husband if they are dead or if they might turn green later---he doesn't know. I am pulling weeds around one dead looking tree---there is a vine with a few green leaves on it---I pull for a long time and it keeps coming, an extremely long vine with a root that seems to go under the house, it finally comes to the end. Hopefully it is not poison ivy. My neighbor, a woman my age, who used to live in the house next door is out in her yard and asking about the property line, There are a row of bushes between our house and hers(in waking life the new neighbors have put up a privacy fence) and someone has told her the property line is in the middle of the bushes. We walk around looking at what has been planted between our houses and I realize that the bushes are actually on my property although I have never helped trim them. I point to the neighbor, a young man, on the other side and the bushes that separate his yard from his back yard neighbor ( an old woman) and say it must have gotten confused with those bushes because they are the ones that are on the actual property line. We figure out where the actual property line is and part of her yard is now my yard. I walk around and admire a large fountain that has plants and some other things that are on my side now and I will have to take care of them.