Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old but Strange 1
Dream occurred in 2005

Night Clouds

I was standing on a street corner on a crumbly section of sidewalk not far from where I live. It was the middle of the night, dead silent, no stars, no moon. No traffic and the only street light was the copper colored one I was standing under. Several buildings nearby seemed abandoned and weedy. The clock at the bank down the street said 1:50AM.

Across the street to my left was a drug store, across directly ahead of me was a restaurant, and my father's ghost was leaning on the crosswalk post just chilling.

Ghostdad turned to me and said "You shouldn't be out here" and pointed down the street. "Go home. Get inside". I looked down the street and in the distance was this weird greenish cloud thing. I crossed the street and went into the drug store which morphed into a restaurant. I ordered a beer and a carrot cake.

Why this bothers me:
-The street light was a white-purplish mercury lamp at the time of this dream but is now a coppery sodium lamp.
-The drugstore was a large restaurant but has since become a CVS.
-The restaurant across the street directly ahead was a Blockbuster Video. It became a small restaurant run by the same dude that ran the one that was replaced by CVS.
-The section of sidewalk I was standing on is now crumbling and usually smothered in weeds. The two houses on that corner had been abandoned and were recently demolished.
-My dad didn't finish drinking his stupid self to death until 2012. This dream happened in 2005.