Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Blue / More Bombings
I had this dream the other night. I intended to dream about "The most significant news headline in three months". I'm afraid I can't recall all of this dream, but in it, I remember realizing that I was blue. My entire body had been painted a bright, deep, royal blue. I was in a group of people that I didn't recognize, but it seemed like we were meant to be together, like we were all friends working on a project, but none of them were blue. It was only me... and I thought for a moment that maybe I should be embarrassed, but I wasn't. It seemed like I was SUPPOSED to be this color, though I'm not entirely sure why. While I thought about it, I had this crazy idea that I must be blue because I was a mermaid! In the dream, that made sense to me somehow... but then I studied myself from a third person perspective... I certainly wasn't a mermaid because I still had legs. Also, mermaids wouldn't be entirely blue... half of me should have been normal, and the other half should be fishlike. I had already sort of amused myself with the idea of being a mermaid, so I just decided that I would simply buy a costume and be a mermaid anyway. If nothing else, it might be fun to march around with fins, especially if I were going to be this wild blue color anyway. Then I noticed my face. My eyes were different. I didn't have my natural blue/blue-grey eyes anymore... they were a strange, bright, almost glowing gold. Thinking about it now, It seems like it would have looked pretty freaky, but in the dream, I thought they were lovely and it would just add charm to my mermaid costume.

After studying myself for some time, the group all gathered and started planning some movements. It now seemed that this was some sort of military group, but our focus wasn't on attacking anyone, rather, we were on a mission to study the enemy, predict their movements, and evacuate civilians according to what we had learned. Other than me being painted blue, everyone was dressed in a very normal way, so it shocked me to find that I was in a group like this. We worked very quickly and quietly trying to keep everyone around us unaware of what we were doing... maybe to keep them calm. But I cannot remember much of what we did until we were attacked.

We had set up many different surveillance sites at what looked like a massive playground. There were many play-houses, some with built-on swing sets or slides... we had some basic equipment set up in these things. There was also a small building without a door... maybe it was a park or a school playground? At any rate, this seemed like the best place to watch because it was a prime target of the enemy, whoever it was. We were attacked from above by bomber airplanes... but not jets, they looked like old bomber planes with propellers at the nose. They were gray and had a symbol on the wing, but I can't remember the symbol. They reminded me of the model airplanes my father used to make and I thought it might be an American plane. We could hear them dropping bombs off in the distance and the explosions kept getting closer and closer, so I told some of the others in my team to round up the civilians and take them to safety while me and the others set fire to the playhouses and buildings nearby. In the dream, this made sense because I thought that if the planes flying overhead saw the fire, they would think that they had already bombed this area and pass it by, possibly saving lives. I ran into the tiny building without a door. On a sort of pedestal was a huge copy of the Qur'an. It felt like we had been reading it in order to somehow anticipate the enemy's attacks and battle strategies. I was going to set it on fire knowing that it would burn quickly and easily and quickly burn down the little building. After setting that on fire, I ran to help others set different play sets on fire. Our plan seemed to work because I watched a couple of planes fly over us without bombing the area we were in.