Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholics - Storm Brewing
I was at work, in a high rise situated on the south side of a large lake. (As I live in Chicago area, I assumed Chicago, although it did not look like Chicago; could have been any city on one of the Great Lakes or other large lake). The weather was warm, 70's, sunny, shirt-sleeve weather. The office had a panaromic view of the lake. Off to the northwest, we could see unusual rolling storm clouds moving in our direction (to the southeast). A weather report announced an unusual, violent storm was approaching, and to expect a large amount of snow, although it would quickly melt. Needless to say, a blizzard in September would be alarming in the Great Lakes area. So I left work to go home.

Now I was in a much smaller town walking quickly but calmly home. Much of the downtown area was under construction, several blocks of buildings had been torn down. As I walked through the construction sites, in several of the locations a peasant woman (heavy set, wearing old fashioned long dress, can't recall but might have been wearing scarf on head) would offer me a taste of chocolate cake (no icing, cake only). I tasted it and thought, why in the world would a bake shop open here the rental space would be costly and the cake was just average, tasted like a box mix. Continued to make my way through the blocks of construction, and made my way home.

Now 'home', in another high rise, seemed like a small 1-room apartment, laid out in an unsual narrow winding pattern, modern looking, white walls, minimal furniture, no decorative pieces. My husband was there, but was disabled. Other men started to arrive, seeking shelter, including 2 brother-in-laws. I became fearful, and said there wasn't enough room for all to sleep here. Then the men said I'd have to leave, men only allowed. I suggested we rent some cots to provide better sleeping for all, as my intent was to keep the bedroom with a lockable door for my husband and myself. They insisted that would not work. At some point, they temporarily leaved, and then another female, a friend, came over. I told her the situation. She said let's scare them away, and we went in the bedroom and hid under a pile of rags and sheets. When the men came back, they spotted us right away and were not fooled. The men were not mean or menacing, but assertive and a bit aggressive, and I was uneasy and frightened by them. They continued to insist 'no women' and that we had to leave.

Then I woke up. Nodded back off, still intending 'Catholics'.

I was talking on the phone to a female friend about the above situation. And she said we needed to end the call, as 'they were listening'.

Observation: I was calm about the approaching storm, even though it seemed that it was of historic proportions and timing. I was very uneasy in the apartment with the men, and became fearful of them.