Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flights of Fancy ;)
Hypnagogic: Imagery of grasshoppers. More like Jimmy Cricket! Rural fence. That's odd! I awakened and made a note of it.

Journey #1: I am in a shopping mall, full of shoppers. I head toward a JC Penney. I am accompanied by a companion, although I never do see his or her face. The companion is always there, silent. I am looking for a special make-up. Upon entering the store, scanning for the make-up counters, I - instead - see a big new JCP kiosk marked Pepperidge Farms, with a chocolate brown curtain separating the marketing exhibit from rest of store. It was established as a Pepperidge Farms "Marketplace". Odd, indeed. Suddenly, a bespectacled young man shows up at my side, introducing himself as Steve Parente. In his early 20s...brown hair, brown eyes. Thin build. I directly asked him how old he was? No answer. I am confused, as the name sounds familiar to me. In a moment of some lucidity, I am trying to find out why the name sounds so familiar...what is the name linked with? The Manson Murders? Something else? I cannot remember. He instructs me that the mall is closing soon.

Journey #2: I have been asked to attend a media gathering at a convention hall. Since I am an at-the-last-moment invitee, I am told I will be seated with reporters at the National Enquirer (Examiner?) table, where there will be an empty seat for me. I jump into a vehicle and speed off toward the convention hall. I am dressed up, in a bright blue cocktail dress with spaghetti straps. My right eye is giving me fits, like a blindness, ad I am having trouble getting to the hall. Upon arrival, I am now anxious that - resulting from the right eye blindness - that I will be able to successfully find the perimeter table that I am seated at, with the National (Enquirer? Examiner?) media folk. I am having trouble viewing the white place cards at the tables. Worried someone else will steal my assigned seat.