Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obstacle course race
In the dream I was in a road running race. I remember that this was similar to what I had the previous night, but in this case I was not swimming. The race itself had several stages; each stage was a repeat of the previous stage. I don't know why, but I know it was 10 stages. I'm not sure how long each stage was. In the dream I was running in the race; there were areas where it was hallways, with blocks that you had to run through; areas of double backs with gates to impede you. The final obtacle was a pond. In the race it was necessary to jump into the pond, and then run along the bottom to the other side. You were not allowed to come to the surface to get another breath, you had to run the whole way underwater on the bottom. I had done this obstacle once already in the dream that I recalled. I came to it on the final stage and jumped in. The water was cold and dirty. I was sinking to the bottom, but realized I had not gotten a good enough breath to be able to make it across. I surfaced but was not right on the entry side; I poked my head out, did some quick breaths, and told myself I could make it across. I had a feeling that, while I had not won any stages, I was doing quite well in the race because I was doing well in each of the stages, and was one of the leaders on the final stage. I was determined at that point that I would make it. I sunk to the bottom and ran across; the bottom was muddy and my feet stuck in the mud, so I worked on having fast light running steps so I would make it. When I got out at the other side, I realized that when I had surfaced I did not exit the water completely and wondered if I'd be penalized or disqualified. I went on since I didn't know, but thought that I had cheated; I wound up in a room that looked like a standard business reception area. A few other people were in the room, they appeared to have also been racing. I asked "is this the finish line?" since it didn't seem right. At this point the dream ended.