Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandemic
I'm parking at the mall. There are supposed to be care centers.

A fever is sweeping the nation and has become a pandemic and people are dying within 4 to 5 hours of getting it.

The fevers start out low grade and within the last three hours it intensifies to a high grade fever and kills the patient. I have a low grade fever that just started. I walk into the mall which is all but deserted except for a few people walking around. All the stores are closed. I notice the blue CVS Emergency Care Center partitions in the middle of the food court area.

I walk into the partitioned off area and see red chairs along the partitions.

A lady greets me and takes my temperature.

She says it's still a low grade and that they can't help me until it's high-grade and asks me to wait in one of the red chairs until they can help me, or I can come back when it peaks.

I wonder to myself as I sit in the chair why they can't help me unless my fever is higher which would put me at higher risk of dying. There are other patients on gurneys in other partitioned off areas attached to life support systems. The woman who helped me motions for someone to get ready for an incoming patient which I can only assume would be me. A mexican woman walks in with her daughter as I wait, and the little girl has her dolly. My heart fills with sadness as I can only imagine how many people have lost their lives so far.