Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brokenhearted Affair
I am a young woman, maybe early 20's. I am at the front door to a house and am warmly welcomed inside by a woman and her husband. They are older than me, maybe 40's) and have two small children one of which is only a toddler. We don't know each other. I don't know why I'm there but in the dream I do. The house is a well kept, modernized older home probably built around the 1930's or so. The couple show me around their home proudly, they have a charming accent; French I think. I am smiling and laughing. I'm happy.

I don't know how or why but in the dream I fall madly, passionately in love with the man. We have an affair but it only lasts a short time, I think it is only one time. I don't know how we came to be alone together as the dream never shows this. The wife is there again, she is so nice to me and doesn't know what her husband and I did. I see the kids playing. I'm wracked with guilt. I don't want to destroy their family. I have to leave, get out of there, but I don't want to go. The wife is showing me to the door. I know I must leave and I try not to look for her husband because I don't want her to be suspicious. But I look anyway. I see him upstairs as the wall is made of glass. He knows I'm leaving and he is trying desperately to get downstairs to see me. To stop me. I see him jump over something on the floor in his haste. My heart is heavy. It is breaking. I just want to be with him. But I'm ashamed. I leave and drive away. The street is wide with two lanes for each direction but it is a quiet street. Old, mature trees line both sides. I come to a light and realize I forgot my cell phone. I contemplate just leaving it there but then I am filled with joy. If I go back I will see him again. I do a U-turn and return to the house. His wife comes to the door. I see him in the kitchen at the sink and I'm so happy, elated to see his beloved face. His back is turned towards me. He doesn't look at me. WON'T look at me. His shoulders are slumped. He is sad but he is also angry. At me. For leaving. My smile fades and I know I have lost him. Lost my chance. I am in my car, cell phone retrieved.

Years pass and I'm an old woman. Gray haired, wrinkles. My children? have a surprise for me. They take me into a room and tell me to wait. They bring him in so that we can reunite. He is old now too. I don't know how they knew about us. It is not a joyful reunion. All I can think of is all that I lost. What I could have had.

The dream ends.