Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P1_07 Global War
Tuesday October 14, 2014

I am home. Not my home in real life, but rather a small wooden domicile along a river. The river is just big enough to canoe along, and shallow enough to walk across. The river has maybe 10 meters of dry riverbed on either side, enclosed by a natural, vertical dirt wall in excess of one meter tall. The surrounding area of grassy planes and rolling hills is ultimately enclosed by a forest on all sides. The clearing is huge, but you are still able to see clear from one side to the other. The clearing seen from space would almost look like an upside down boot with the ankle to the east and the toes pointing north. The river runs through the ankle, with my house on the south side. The hills trap a lake that's shaped like a D by the upper heel and a larger lake spanning most of the bottom of the boot, toe to heel.

I am standing in the riverbed facing north. Thousands of people are around me. Some are dressed in uniforms, but the vast majority are in normal every-day clothes. There is a global war and we are armed and ready to go. Allies fill the riverbed and extend into the planes behind us. The land in front of us is clear, and we can see an army egressing the forest in front of us. I can't tell what they were wearing; from my angle I could only see their faces but they are Caucasian. They flow towards us and line up a ball's throw away. Everyone stands, poised, staring at the opposing side. I look down at my watch (and do not see a specific number). Everyone is waiting for a specific time. The time arrives and someone gives an audible signal. Immediately everyone climbs the embankment and charges the other side. They run towards us at the same time and the sides collide. I squat, putting my head below the embankment to protect myself from gunshots. I am maybe four or five lines back from the front so I just figured I would let them fire their first rounds and take out a whole bunch of people, and the jump up. I don't hear any, but that doesn't mean there weren't guns involved. I have no weapon! I reach down and grab my knife that I always carry on me. The people in front of me begin to disperse, and I stand up with my knife ready to go. I hear a voice, be it a dream character or external, that says "You need to be prepared to kill." This is spoken calmly, and rationally. I hear it clearly over the background noise. I stand such that the embankment makes it difficult to attack my lower body and an enemy approaches me. I use my left hand to make several C-patterns with my knife blade in rapid succession. He tries to attack me but ends up getting his arm sliced open in multiple places. The blade moves smoothly and with no resistance, but the cuts do not hit bone. I begin plotting a kill shot to one of many vital places, but he retreats backwards. I've never sliced someone up before... this is real.

I turn around and walk out of the riverbed towards my house. The fight is of course continuing fiercely. I walk inside my home, which by the way is in the United States of America. I pace around for a few minutes thinking about staying here. I decide that wouldn't be safe. I begin collecting some of my things. After a few moments I have what I need and I walk out. I walk south, and circle around the bottom side of my allies as I work my way west. I proceed west past the combat area and cross the river. I continue my journey on the north side of the river all the way down the boot until it opens into the foot and there is a massive lake in my way. I north along the lakeshore for a while. In this dream the distances traversed were really not that far (like I said, the entire area was viewable), but there was a clear understanding during the dream that the dimensions were metaphorical and represented a much larger portion of the US. So although I walked less than a quarter mile west, I had actually migrated from the southeast all the way to the western US. I swim to the middle of this lake and tread water for a minute. I do a 360 and just look around. I am far enough north that I can see pretty much everything in the clearing except the fighting, but the fighting is edging west. I swim the rest of the way across. On the other side I find a cave and explore it, Minecraft style. When I resurface, I feel compelled to go south. I walk along the lakeshore of the massive lake until I reach the edge of the smaller, D-shaped lake pressed against the interior of the heel. I swim across that too, and when I get half way across I hear screaming coming from an unusual direction. I turn southwest towards the tip of the heel. I see a larger cave than the one I had been in before, illuminated by torches. A large figure carries a beautiful woman into the cave and around the corner. Their shadow follows them down the cave. I take out my phone, still treading water, and open an app called Yikyak to see what's going on around me. The top post reads "Please help me!" Additional posts stream in live, repeatedly "Help" "Help" "Help" until they fill my screen. I put my phone back in my pocket and swim for California (the cave) as fast as I can. I wake up before I get there.