Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
armageddon and New Beginnings
I find myself with my close family, some distant relatives, and quite a few unknown people in an apartment building somewhere in the city of Chicago. We are all together in a large room on the third floor. The building is pretty empty except for things that a few people have brought with them.

We are all there in anticipation of something that we are not quite sure of. We hear a commotion outside with some yelling and screaming. We run to a window and look out to see a wall of pure, white, hot fire envelope everything in its path. People are trying to run from it but aren't fast enough.

I yell to everyone, "get to the basement!" Some people listen and follow me to the basement. Some people, family and stranger alike, decide to try to outrun the fire and exit the building.

We make it to the basement and it is flooded about 4 feet deep with clean water. We turn off the gas so there are no explosions. We find something to to hold onto and pull ourselves under. My brother struggles to find a good anchor so I pull him down. 1 man laughs at us as the fire fills the basement and he falls over dead, unburned. The room lights up with the fire and then goes away.

We get up and go outside to see that nothing is really damaged and there are no bodies of the dead. It is bright and sunny with a blue sky. It is winter or late fall with many bare trees and yellow grass everywhere. We see large shadows from things flying overhead and are filled with fear. But then we see that they are coming from birds. We are filled with the realization that most of the evil in the world is gone and we become very hopeful and excited.

We go back inside to collect supplies for our scouting journey to find land to support our group. For some reason, I am preoccupied with toothpaste.

I make my way to a bedroom on the 4th floor with a lady who is half naked but covering herself with a pillow. She is stealing clothes and other valuables from the room. This room is packed full of someone's belongings. I then realize that many people probably made it that I will have to watch out for, like this woman.

Then we pack our bags and look at a map and decide to go west.