Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skiing with Denise and K
Skiing with K and Denise down a hill and then after walking up the next hill skiing more and leaving them behind. I soon come to (and am joined by a younger version of Aunt Marilyn) who is skiing too. We leave on our skis and start sliding very rapidly on our butts. We go through a mansion all encased in hard ice sliding on our butts rapidly. It's great! Through halls, tunnels, down spirals—Wheeeee!! I assume K and Denise are following and we'll meet up. After a very long time I realize I have a phone on me and should probably call. The phone is really weird looking: long and very narrow and made of a silver metal with weird metal designs or decorations affixed to it. I sort of pry it open gingerly to use it. Looks more like a silver spindle than a phone, but it has metal filings randomly stuck to it, so it wouldn't slide very well if it were a spindle. In the dream I think it sort of looks like a miniature coffin, and think it is weird too, but somehow recognize that it is a phone.
Denise is pretty upset and lets me know it—where were we?!! Why did we leave?!! She yells at me. I feel guilty but don't know why they didn't just follow me.
I start to go back through (toward them to meet up). It is this huge museum, massive and amazing. I didn't know this existed and was here closeby!
I run into a man who recognizes me. He's a black man with a soft accent of some type. He has a moustache and and open, smiling face. He says, "Hey! You're so and so...didn't you have a nickname?" He tries to think of it and I say, "Mama (something)?" I can't think what the rest of the name. He says, "Yeah!" and then we pause as we are both a tad doubtful whether that is really it. I see a little girl about five years old. She seems to be African-american. She looks at me and says none too kindly, "You are getting fat!" I hug her and dance with her a little bit. She had been scowling at me, but she let's it go.
I leave her behind and travel on, trying to meet up with K and Denise. The museum/shop is filled with too many interesting things, beautiful things from all over the world, and I worry that I will never find the two of them because I keep getting distracted. There are lots of kids in groups with moms and teachers in the distance.
I see a tiny dark-skinned girl standing by herself sort of looking me over in a detached but not unfriendly way. She appears to be SouthEast Asian. I wonder why she is alone, a tiny girl like her with a very thin, gangly physical build but very strong presence. There is a bit of humor in her detachment all held together in the small gangly frame, awkward and cute. I am not sure what she is seeing as she looks at me, and I realize that in this dream I may not look like I think I do anyway. It's weird to realize that.