Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butterfly, Sons and Zombies
Getting rather tired of the 'two-part' sleeping scheme as-of-late (sleep 3-4 hours, get up for 2 hours, go back to bed and sleep 3-4 more hours). As a result, I am occasionally double-posting in one-day on NDC, due to 'two sets of dreams' in a day.
-=-=-=-

As I returned to sleep this AM, I see a neon-cobalt-blue butterfly, it looks almost like a laser-light-show image. It is surreal. I try to 'shoot it', crush it, shoe it way, burn it (in my dreams), and it is apparently impervious to anything I try. I am at a loss for what this means.

Next, I see two small male children, less than 1-year old. Handsome little guys, strong and healthy-appearing. I hear a voice that says, 'these will be your sons, one is good, one is bad, you must understand to realize and decide' (note on this - my wife and I are 60 years old, I don't see how this is applicable to me, she is through menopause and I would not 'date' another if she passed away).

This image passes, and I see a world, and I appear to zoom in. Into a state, then a city (I live relatively rural). The city makes me think NYC (I have been there several times, but in this dream, and appearing 'at night', it could just-as-well be Chicago). First one, then two, then many zombies (don't know what else to call them). These people are more than sick, they are rotting standing up. They moan, they shuffle, relatively slow moving, almost unaware of you unless you get too close. They amble the dark alleys. There are some lights on in the taller buildings, above the 10th or so floor level. I see no people alive and healthy.

This starts to fade, and I see a single bloody body. It is like a ragdoll in the hands of some terrible force. It is 'slapped' to the ground like a pillow, once, twice, three times. A voice says 'to stop this killer, this monster, you must think like him'. I vehemently reject this and say, 'no, just as you would hunt elk, you do not have to become the elk or think like it, but only know what it wants and what it seeks, and out-think it.'

The voice and the image are gone, and I awake.