Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On suicides
(11-30-2015, 12:39 AM)Eagle1 Wrote: Hey, spiritual experts....Sorry I'm getting into this discussion late. I was just wondering whether suicide can be karmic. I am talking about both sides....perhaps the unsuccessful attempts like Windy talked about 20 attempts without success. That sounds somewhat karmic to me, but what about the other way around? Could it be in someone's karmic profile to be suicidal or preplanned to carry out a suicide?

Ah, these are the nuances I was hoping to see discussed here! Since suicide is taking away God's greatest gift to us, life, I would agree with NH in saying that I don't think one would come back to commit suicide. Some actions are free will, which generates the karmic reaction, good or bad. As I've thought before, I think karma is more like a mirror of experience, drawing us towards our higher selves, if we are willing to read the signs. But I do believe that we should approach our experiences as life lessons. For example, my brother and I have never been close. Even as children I knew he didn't like me, although why was never clear. (I was the "good" kid, and that may have played a part, but this is something I've always just known). Now, the past could give a reason, but more importantly, I choose not to let it guide me. He chooses the negative path, and I choose the positive. It's always a personal choice. Now, I'm no angel, that's for sure. Someone cuts me off in traffic and you'd think I was a sailor on shore leave. I'm working on that one! But the point being, it's about progress, not perfection. There's a saying about how anger only burns the person holding it, and I believe that's true. More recently, it's been discussed that folks here seem to be experiencing more personal trials lately than usual. I lost my mom and my two sweet dogs last year. But I think that maybe we're being tempered, like steel. We have the opportunity to work at this and make a positive difference. OK, that's enough of me being long-winded!  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
On suicides - by NH watcher - 11-29-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: On suicides - by Goldengirl - 11-29-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: On suicides - by ThePaladin - 11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: On suicides - by Eagle1 - 11-30-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: On suicides - by Goldengirl - 11-30-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: On suicides - by Shadewolf - 12-09-2015, 04:44 PM
RE: On suicides - by NH watcher - 11-30-2015, 05:57 AM
RE: On suicides - by Goldengirl - 12-09-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: On suicides - by NH watcher - 12-10-2015, 04:39 AM