Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button
(05-13-2016, 09:42 AM)Th(e Millennial) Wrote: Okay, so I had this nightmare last night. This dream of yours was about the movie, The Box (2009). In the movie, there is scene where this sociopath begins laughing and it controls how people behave...at least that is what I thought happened in that scene, I have forgotten but I know it is scary. I kept seeing the color red, which is the color of the button on this box in the movie. I then seen the word APPLE. Apple that you eat, Apple the computer brand, Adam's Apple, and Apple like a city (i.e., The Big Apple, Minneapolis). I then remembered that Issachar means "LAUGHING" in Hebrew...you will see this in music lyrics...pearl jam song Jeremy comes to mind. It is subliminal, but I can pick up on it for a number of reasons. I could see the extrinsic value of the first three apples, but not the last...as in the City Apple. That is something that is on your part. I thought the words, "city, seedy, and CD". I fell asleep in this manner. I could be completely wrong, but this is an actual route. The laughing scene is about 1:25 into the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSOjMkoBYYA
I actually experienced a situation like this in real life, it was frightening before, during, and after the event...so I keep it to myself.

Th(e Millennial), I have seen a couple of your comments posted, but this one drew my attention because of the subject versus what you've said above.  You reference a movie that I happened to see, but more-so, other movies have been made on the topic, as well as it having been a subject studied for thousands of years by many philosophers - and that is 'The Consequence of Actions', especially applied to morals in 'sentient humans'.

The Box is about a couple with a young child, who get a box and are given 24-hours to receive $1,000,000 if they will push a button on the box, but at the same moment, pushing the button will cause the death of some unknown-to-them person, somewhere in the world. The moral dilemma that this causes is the subject of the movie, and the general story as well as the meme of 'consequence-of-your-actions' ideal (Aesop covered this as well, as did Socrates).

This said, what you explain as a segue into your analysis does not tie to your own ideas expressed that I can see, in any way. This said, can you please explain to us how this relates in a logical way to what you said after the comparative analysis? I am struggling through more than one of your 'media-comparisons' to understand how 'apples' are leading to 'notebook paper' (analogy).

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Sherriann - 05-05-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Nanny - 05-05-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Iris - 05-05-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Nanny - 05-05-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Eagle1 - 05-10-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Nanny - 05-12-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Skeetersaurus - 05-13-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Windy - 05-14-2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Nanny - 05-14-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: Hitting the Computer 'Off' Button - by Windy - 05-14-2016, 02:49 PM