Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricanes
I can't find our Hurricane thread so I am starting a new one for now.
Hawaii has been hit by a tropical storm today.
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/new...-hurricane
Last night dreamed of a hurricane. Only remember small bits of the dream. I am in a multi-family dwelling or motel or hotel. Our cars were parked in a row along a fence or wall with the hope that it would reduce damage to our cars. Then the wind picked up and the cars started to move. We are watching them bump into one another and are praying there will be no major damage to our cars. Someone says, maybe if we get in the cars and apply the brakes, the cars won't move. Someone else said, the wind has stopped so I think they will be ok.

Afterthoughts: This dream may be residue. A couple of days ago I asked if LA will be hit with any big hurricanes this season and was told no. I asked if the US would be hit by any big hurricanes and was told, "yes, at least one ".
We have TD9 near Florida, TD8 approaching the Carolina's and now 2 Hurricanes headed toward Hawaii. Oh Yea, Gaston is still hinging around the Atlantic ocean.
Lots of weather happening out there.
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/vid...ard-hawaii
Sending out prayers and love for those who are and will be effected by Hurricane Matthew. Stay safe Dreamers.
Think I'll be ok, but I sure wish the proposed track would stop shifting west.

Stay safe Florida and further up the East Coast. May the good Lord be with us all.
There is a large tropical depression moving toward the Gulf and Bret is in the Atlantic near Venezuela.
https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/new...torm-cindy
I worry less about the weather and more about the pinheads who are manipulating the weather. There are plenty of those out there and I doubt any of them care that futzing with weather creates energetic repercussions around the world.
There was also a recent story about earthquake clusters in the Yellowstone caldera. I'll look for it when I'm not on my blasted phone.
Looks like Hurricane Irma is a 5 right now and will be hitting the the Caribbean including the US/British Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. It looks like it will hit Florida at perhaps a 4, but where exactly is known at the moment. May all those effected stay safe and our of harms way.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/us/hurrica...index.html
GG - did you have to evacuate?
We're inland in one of the highest spots, not a flood zone, so no evacuation.
I don't know why, but the closer the hurricane gets, the more my stomach is knotting up. I am either picking up on the energy of the storm or the energy of the people, maybe both. I don't like this.

And it bothers me greatly when i hear someone say "it's not coming here so why even think about it". Jeeze, when did people get so narcissistic? Ok, that is my rant for today.
I would think both aspects of energy - this one is a doozy. I heard today the storm is 400 miles WIDE. Florida itself is only 160 miles wide at it's most distant points and 500 miles long.
GG, do you think this is what you were dreaming about last year?
Julie, I bet you are picking up on both. Any thoughts on what will happen to Florida? It seems that some of the early islands hit are just devastated.
I don't understand that thought process either. We are all brothers and sisters and should help each other out. We should be aware of what is happening in our world and our country.
TB - when I first saw Irma, my thoughts were: strong, big, fast and Georgia. Now we know it's strong big and fast. Have to wait and see how much Georgia gets hit.
(09-06-2017, 09:39 PM)Julie Wrote: TB - when I first saw  Irma, my thoughts were: strong, big, fast and Georgia. Now we know it's strong big and fast.  Have to wait and  see how much Georgia gets hit. the
Well, if it turns east, it may indeed be more Georgia.
TB - I was dreaming about a lot of water, everywhere, wasn't I?! With everything going on in my life, I kind of forgot about that.

The storm track is now more easterly, although it's so damn big that it will hit FL anyway. Supposed to be in my neighborhood on Sunday, we're going to batten down the hatches the next couple of days and hunker down.

Julie, they're showing the center of the track at Savannah on Monday.
GG - keep us updated this weekend if you can.
Will do!
And now they have Irma shifting back west, charging right up the center of Florida.