Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Wave Dream #2 - Seattle

Second Tidal Wave Dream, about 1996-97
In the dream, My wife and I, and our 3-year-old son were living in Seattle. It was a rainy day, we had gone to see a movie in a theater that was about halfa block below the top of a hill. From the theater, on a clear day, you couldsee a little patch of the waters that would take you out to the Pacific--Notthat there were many clear days!The movie ended about 7 PM. My son had fallen asleep, and I was carryinghim out of the theater. The rain had picked up, and it was cold. My wife askedme to get the car, parked beside the road up the hill, and pick her up at thetheater door.As I was trudging up the hill, carrying our son, the wind began to blow inoff the bay. Rollin, facing behind me, picked his head up and said, "Daddy,look at the wave!"I turned to see an enormous, dark wave barely visible through the mist,coming into the mouth of the bay. The wind was howling now, and my ears werestarting to pop from the pressure. I turned around, and began to run for mylife up the hill. My son clung tightly to me, still facing backwards, his cheekagainst mine. My wife saw the wave and caught up with us, running up the hill. I was thinking that the hill seemed to be about the same height as the wave. Ifwe could only get to the top before the water reached us, we just might surviveit.The rain was horizontal now, driven into our backs by a wind that almostpicked us off the ground. We were nearly to the top. I felt my son's cheekmove against mine as he looked upward at something behind us, higher and higher.I could barely hear his scream, next to my ear, above the thunderousroaring, "Dad--EEEEEE!!!"I woke up, gasping for breath, covered in sweat. It was the middle of thenight.========================Note: we've passed through Seattle several times, but never lived there.