Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07312014 Your Back Yard Rags to Riches

In this dream, I found myself visiting a 3 rd world factory of some sort. In the dream, I was going to use the restroom, but it was so disgusting that it was impossible to use it. There were feces all over the place including the walls and floors, and it looked like neither of the two stalls I looked at were able to flush.
[SEE SKETCH A]
I left the restroom and was given two ticket stubs of some sort upon which $200 was written on one of the lines. I"m not sure if one of the tickets said Billy Joel on the top line, but it seemed like there was the name of a musician. I felt like the factory was a textile mill with children working there. The conditions were awful.
[SEE SKETCH B]
Next, I found myself in a fancy restaurant. It was located in a very wealthy area of town and I think it was named "Your Back Yard" or "Our Back Yard". It could also have been "My Back Yard" but definitely "XXX Back Yard". It had a nice entrance, and stairs going up to the left, beyond which you could see fields of grass. There was a ground level dining area as well, but we went up the stairs where the better views were. We sat down and were served some very fancy meals that I think were lamb? The meat was arranged to form a three sided pyramid, and the vegetables were arranged in a fancy design. This was like food sculpture.
[SEE SKETCH C]
After we ate, I next found myself entering the home of a wealthy family. I was wondering about removing my shoes since I didn"t want to soil the floor at all. At the far end of the room was a seated man (husband) and to his left (my right) was an older gentleman with grey hair sitting in a lounge chair. To my left was a bench along a wall then an opening to a kitchen.
[SEE SKETCH D]
Apparently, the family was in their 1 st week of living in the house and the wife felt it necessary to call their organization in order to see if we (me and one other person) had to pay in order to be there? From what I gathered, they belonged to a members only organization that required guests to pay a visitors fee. The old man tried to tell the wife that no fee was required because that rule only applied to a meeting where an extra plate or meal was required for a guest.
Since he was a member for a long time, he knew the rules. He explained that since he was in their home and is a member, that would be considered a meeting, but since there was no food being served, we would not have to pay $36 each to attend the meeting. Nonetheless, the wife was in the kitchen using a wall phone to call someone.
The husband ignored the wife and stood up to greet us. He was accommodating and asked us to have a seat. We talked about how they had just moved in, and where they had come from and other such niceties.
Eventually, we went outside to look at the beautiful lawn and talked about the exclusive restaurant where we"d just dined.
Before I knew it, I was flying over the mostly green but patches of brown rolling hills. I was flying freely and landing from time to time before shooting back into the air. I felt like this was a new ability of mine (to be able to fly at will) and I was there to show my skill and not be intimidated by the wealthy people. They were no better than me, in fact, I was amazing.
[SEE SKETCH E]
I also felt like maybe these people were the owners or management of that squalid factory. I got the sense that they were enjoying this luxury of the backs of many.