Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Kind of Vacation is This Anyway?
In this dream, I am on vacation with my family. We are staying at a new resort that seems to be somewhere out west. Perhaps, we are in Colorado, New Mexico, or West Texas.

At the beginning of the dream there is confusion and discussion about what we want to do for entertainment. The next thing I know we are at an amusement park riding rides.

After this we go back to the resort/hotel and a hotel representative tells us we should go on a hunting excursion. I say I'm not really interested in hunting, but she insist saying the scenery is beautiful.

Then we are standing on the brink of a canyon. It is filled with brush and is an arid environment. We have a birdseye view. The guide says we should be on the look out for animals. He doesn't say what kind. He tells us to get our guns ready and when they jump over the canyon wall to shoot. Don't hesitate or you will risk being hurt very badly or killed.

Then I spot a few deer under a clump of bushes. As I'm marveling at them, a huge deer begins to jump over the wall. I raise my gun, but my daughter, who is vegan, begins to cry and tells me to stop; not hurt the deer. In the confusion, I don't know what happens, but the next thing I know the deer is sitting, literally sitting next to me with its head snuggled into my hip.

We begin petting it and are overcome with joy and relief that we didn't harm it. The dream ends.