Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth rumbles but no Quake
Lincoln, NE 10/29 9pmish. after a stressful week at work, had dinner with best friend then sat down to watch Jesse Ventura. I fell asleep and dreamed I felt the earth rumbling. It went on for several minutes as I lay there wondering if I was actually dreaming or awake. I felt a swaying motion as well andsaid, "The earth is rumbling, Mary. I've never felt this in your place before." She asked me if the earth was rumbling right now. I said yes. I walked home one block at 10pm and went into the kitchen to get my supplements, aspirin, etc, out of the kitchen cabinet. When I opened the cabinet I immediately knew something was wrong. I line the outer edges of this cabinet with my supplements, etc, in a certain orderleaving the center of the shelf free. Every bottle had shifted toward the center and forward. I called Mary and asked her if she had been over during the day (we have keys to each other's places and will sometimes "borrow" a can of cat food, TP, coffee). She hadn't been over. I felt a chill inside and a little spooked. How had these items moved? I checked the other cabinets with heavier items (canned goods) and they did seem slightly disordered. Checked the USGS site for small quakes nearby but nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Earth rumbles but no Quake - by Krys - 10-30-2010, 03:53 AM