Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two nights, two dreams
23 & 24 Mar 2016
No intention set either day

The dreams on both nights had the same theme and some of the same details, even as the overall dreams were quite different. I'm going to give a synopsis, covering those parts that stood out for me, rather than a detailed recounting of both dreams because that would be an epic novel, even for me. Big Grin

First dream: I was in a small town that seemed to be stuck in the late 1940's/early 1950's. Everything was in sepia tones, like old photographs. It was a stereotypical small town, complete with drugstore, movie theater with a large marquee, black cars parked alongside the main street, and people walking along the sidewalks. I saw a group of men in suits talking and even though I wasn't nearby, I could hear what they were saying. They were discussing how to get people to come to the town again, now that the main highway had been built some distance away. I approached them and told them they might want to rethink bringing attention to their town because right now the invaders hadn't found them. They wanted to know about these invaders and I told them they're not what they seem, that they're really government people disguised as invaders, that it was a way for the government to gain complete control over people. They discussed this for a few minutes, with some saying they didn't know me and didn't know if I was telling the truth, and others saying that if what I said was true then they needed to close the borders of their town so they weren't seen at all. Then I was standing by a river that ran through the town. The water was very clear and I could see the bottom. The river flowed from a spring in the town. People were swimming and playing in the river. I thought well, at least they have a source of water. Then I left the town and returned to the real world. Everything was brown and dry, with big houses in varying stages of disrepair scattered across the landscape. I thought damn, it was way worse than before I went to the town. I saw a small aircraft heading in my direction but knew it wasn't after me.

2) I'm in a house with two other people, a husband and wife. This is a special house, one that's designed to withstand everything up to a nuclear blast, yet look like a regular house. I'm explaining the systems to the couple so they'll be able to lock down the house as needed if I'm not around. I show them how to close the front entrance, which is a barred gate that locks into the walls of the house and between the bars are small flames. No, it's not designed to prevent access, I explain, it's designed to buy time as intruders break it down. It's the next two doors that will keep them out. I demonstrate how two vault-like doors roll across the opening, telling them not even RPGs will blow through those doors. Then I demonstrate the shutters that cover the windows. Once those are down, I tell them, the aliens won't be able to get in no matter what they try. But I didn't anticipate the aliens tricking the couple into opening the door and allowing the aliens access. I watch from the shadows as a unit of suited aliens wearing helmets with mirrored visors sweeps through the house, looking for anyone else. They don't see me, don't sense me, and none of their equipment picks up my presence. As one alien walks by me, I suddenly realize they aren't aliens at all, they're government troops. I slip outside as the aliens/troops load the couple into the back of an aircraft that resembles what one might think is a spaceship. It takes off and joins other aircraft flying overhead. I watch, wondering why the government was going to such lengths to make people believe we'd been invaded by aliens.

Then the dream jumps to several years in the future. I'm in a crowd of people, all dressed in baggy shifts made out of what looks like emergency blankets. They're in a camp of some sort, yet they don't seem to notice this. They've adjusted to whatever's been done to them and now they carry on like it's a small town. No one notices me as I wander around, watching them go about everyday business-trading back and forth for limited items, "dating" between couples, playing games-and seemingly unaware of the suited so-called aliens, all armed with rifles of some sort, watching from walkways overhead. I wonder if they know I'm there and hear a voice say no, you are hidden from them for now. But soon you will be required to come from the shadows. Oh yay, I say.

I know, I know, even for synopses, these have details. Big Grin

Two nights, two seemingly different dreams, yet both having to do with so-called "invasions by aliens" who were really government tools. The feel it was all a "wag the dog" scenario with the purpose of enslaving the people. Knowing the troops were looking for me and people like me but we were hidden until it was time for us to step out of the shadows and take action. And over everything was the feel that whatever was happening wasn't that far in the future.

And I'd love to have that house. Wink

Messages In This Thread
Two nights, two dreams - by ThePaladin - 03-27-2016, 02:58 AM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by Goldengirl - 03-27-2016, 06:52 PM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by ThePaladin - 03-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Two nights, two dreams - by Goldengirl - 03-28-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by ThePaladin - 03-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Two nights, two dreams - by Goldengirl - 03-28-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by Nanny - 03-28-2016, 08:38 PM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by ThePaladin - 03-28-2016, 03:21 PM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by Goldengirl - 03-28-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Two nights, two dreams - by ThePaladin - 03-29-2016, 01:37 AM