Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manifestation Techniques and Successes
Sunatta, this may sound trite, empty or sterile but I have lived it and must share it.

I found that when I first committed to meditating that "something" kept telling me within that it was boring, that it was a lame waste of time, that I had better things to do, etc. Nope, deep within I knew better. The days came when the feelings and resentments were bubbling up and I didn't fight them, no struggle but let myself feel those but kept choosing to become self-aware again instead of dwelling on the memories that were so irritating and/or painful.

There is almost "magic" in meditation, in practicing stillness.

I use a meditation exercise that is on this page
http://www.patriotoutreach.org/be-still.html

Here are a few Endorsements from within the military community that vouch for this simple mental exercise.

MG (Major General) -
“In my own experience as a commander, I have seen Soldiers make rapid and sustained improvement through use of these [Coping Strategies] CDs. I was relieved to have these CDs available as a tool our Chaplains could hand out to Soldiers and their spouses. Soldiers, who otherwise refused to seek help, benefited by using the CD in the privacy of their home.”

- MG® George R. Harris, recently retired West Point General assigned to the Office of the Secretary of the Army

Wife -
“May I have 10 copies. I am a family member of an active duty soldier. I am also a clinical psychologist working with soldiers who have combat stress and PTSD. I think the cd would be a good resource for my patients."

Thank you, D. L, PsyD RN FNP (Clinical Psychologist)

Army Chaplain -
The Be Still and Know Exercise works for me. It calms my soul, enhances my thinking, and improves my emotional regulation. I am thankful to be a more resilient chaplain. Read the chaplain's letter (PDF)

----Chaplain (LTC), U.S. Army (Southern Baptist)

Walter Reed -
Patriot Outreach Coping Strategies CDs. "I have rendered a positive opinion to TSG (The Surgeon General)."

- Dr. (COL) John Bradley, M.D., Chief of Psychiatry, Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Iraq Warrior -
"This is basic training for the mind!"

- PFC J. Oehring, U.S. Army Infantry (Deployed to Iraq)

Veterans Administration Clinic -
"I received my [Coping Strategies] CD and love it. I would very much like to request 30 more for use at the VA Clinic and to provide to soldiers and families.

This is a wonderful resource!

Thank you," T.P., Addiction Therapist (VA Clinic)

Father Loses Son in Iraq, Joins Marines -
"On the third try, all hell broke loose and it was an epiphany... It energizes me, it enlightens me and it gives me strength... I am ready and proud."

- Mike, U.S. Marine Corps, Deployed to Iraq

Sergeant USMC -
"Thank you, It saved my Life! The peace and joy I now enjoy makes life worthwhile! "

- SGT J. Shiposki, U.S. Marine Corps, (Homebound Quadriplegic)

Air Force Chaplain -
“The distribution of these [Coping Strategies] CD's has been a great success.
My thanks to the Lord and staff. I have been busy at the Mass Military Reservation on-base. Units from all over New England come here.
May I request 50 more CD's. One veteran has commented 'thanks for looking out for us!"

Respectfully, B. C., U.S. Air Force

Doctor -
“Hello I am a Professional Counselor in private practice and a volunteer in the 'Give An Hour' program. I anticipate needing no less than 6 copies of this product to use in conjunction with current and future active therapy cases. If you can supply this request i will be grateful.

Thank You,” Major W. K.

Navy Vet, Vietnam -
"Amazingly, it (the Exercise) keeps showing and reaping benefits. I've never been more patient and alive. The secret is in the watchful observance without struggle."

- L. Brown U.S. Navy, Gulf of Tonkin, Vietnam

Iraq Warrior -
"I am no longer in denial of what happened in Iraq. I am freed. The exercise helped me overcome my past; it;s not haunting me any longer. it's a winner!!"

- PFC J.M., U.S. Army, Anbar Province, Iraq 2004-2005

Lastly, hearing from a Civilian Physician...

Dr. George Hayter, M.D., Psychiatrist and Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, says the Exercise "…is the only program of self-therapy which achieves the desired end-state of therapy; to lessen the dependence on the therapist – the goal is self-awareness.” Also, he says, “It’s the only approach that I have ever seen in the whole field of psychology which allows you to become independent, competent and effective.”

Goldengirl, this is *your thread. Please edit or delete this post of mine, or I'll be glad to after Sunatta has gotten a chance to read it. I just cannot resist sharing the proof that this exercise really works and is even reportedly making some with severe PTSD much better. BUT do not want to derail your thread, very sincerely!~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manifestation Techniques and Successes - by Nanny - 04-11-2016, 09:51 PM