Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doris Day and retro subways
Dang it, Skeeter, now I really wish I had thought to pack my dream journals!

But I know what you mean. I've dreamed of events happening and I've dreamed of the immediate aftermath of events. But mostly I dream of a time long after whatever event occurred. One theme that reoccurs is abandoned vehicles on roadways. Sometimes it will be dreams of people getting out of their vehicles and walking, but in most of the dreams the vehicles look like they've been abandoned for some time. One dream I remember vividly involved me driving a big rig slowly along a freeway, nudging abandoned cars out of the way. I've got a trailer full of people that I'm taking somewhere, a guy riding shotgun-literally-and knowing there was another person atop the tractor and another atop the trailer, both with a loaded automatic weapon. I carried a sidearm in a holster and there was another stashed in the door cubby. There was no indication of why we were armed nor why we had a functional rig when all the other vehicles seemed to be nonfunctional. Just that it needed to be done and it was a dangerous task. The dream was so real that I remember what I wore: A blue plaid flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, worn and dirty jeans, hiking boots, and a gimme ball cap. My hair was long enough to pull up in a ponytail and I had shades on. The guy next to me wore a red sweat-stained work shirt with a tear on the left elbow sleeve, worn jeans, camo body armor, desert cammie boots, leather gloves, and shades. I even remember the sounds of the engine growling as I shifted up or down, the jolts when I bumped up against an abandoned vehicle, and the shriek of the tires as I pushed the vehicle out of the way. That level of vividness.

What I dream about doesn't tend to be on the level of a Mad Max movie but it's far enough out of the initial event that people live in walled compounds and everyone is armed, no matter what. There's some technology but most places are fairly isolated and non-tech. Most of the dreams involve me going from place to place, sometimes with a group but mostly on my own. The biggest sense is that more than one thing happened, that there was a cascade of events that took everything down. There are definitely fewer people populating the landscape.

Messages In This Thread
Doris Day and retro subways - by esholars - 04-25-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by ThePaladin - 04-25-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by *AD - 04-25-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by ThePaladin - 04-25-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by Cassandra - 04-25-2016, 03:17 PM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by ThePaladin - 04-25-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by *AD - 04-26-2016, 01:29 AM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by ThePaladin - 04-26-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by *AD - 04-26-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by ThePaladin - 04-26-2016, 04:17 AM
RE: Doris Day and retro subways - by *AD - 04-27-2016, 02:03 AM