Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday the 13th., & my 3 lucky eggs, LOL!
#1 and DIL have bought a piece of property, just under a couple acres, outside of SA, in one of the still-rural areas but still easily accessible to the city. They're planning to get a modular home installed on the site, which will take about 4 months, what with site prep involved. I was out there today, scoping things out and doing ceremony to honor the land guardians. Nice place. Quiet. The land spirits were happy to see me, too, which was nice.

I mentioned to #1 that we'd have to get the house clean. He said the contract states the house must be in the condition it was signed over to us and he'd have to smear peanut butter on the walls to get it to that condition. I started laughing because the house was filthy when we got it, ants crawling on the walls and dead roaches everywhere. The mgmt company swore it had been cleaned. DIL spent two days cleaning and #1 spent a few days harrassing the mgmt co. to get someone out there to take care of the ants. Took three times before the ant issue went away because the darned things were in the walls.

Even I had the great "pleasure" of dealing with the pinheads at one point when they claimed we didn't leave the deposit. BS. I personally delivered the deposit to the office-which was on the other side of the city-and got a receipt plus I had the receipts for the money orders. Oh no, no, they claimed, they had no record of the deposit. #1 made another trip and long story short, they found where they had put the money. They had filed the MOs under my old address, the house we were selling and which wasn't even one of their properties. Honestly, I'd never dealt with such an incompetent bunch. It's amazing they have any clients(Spouse said they probably got the clients none of the good companies want to deal with. He's probably right).

But enough of our housing saga. Talked with #1 and we decided it was a good thing because now we have a timeline with which to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Friday the 13th., & my 3 lucky eggs, LOL! - by ThePaladin - 05-15-2016, 04:12 AM