Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invest 99-L or Hermine, next storm on the list
That graphic is awesome and seems about as accurate as any other. LOL

GG: Nah, not wisdom. More like I got schooled by some clouds one day. I asked if we could please get some rain. They regretfully told me no, that there was no rain to be sent our way for some time. Then they explained about the danger of shifting weather patterns and that those humans who did tamper with the weather energy did so at the peril of causing even worse weather patterns or even land upheavals. I thanked them for their counsel.

Now I pay attention and I'm aware of when there's tampering with the weather. Either people don't know or don't care that, as our science classes taught, for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. That really holds true for weather energy.

First month we were in the Azores, one of those "out to the Atlantic where it won't harm anyone" storms hit. It wasn't even considered a hurricane, but a tropical storm. Yeah, right. We had winds up to 150mph all night long. During the night, the wind blew the door open. I tried to get it closed on my own but the wind was too strong. Had to wake up the spouse and it took both of us to close the door, inch by inch, until I could get the door locked. Next morning, we saw a cinderblock shed that had been lifted off its foundation, blown across a banana field, and set back down on the opposite side of the field, entirely intact. It was a great place to live. You never knew what the weather would be, except "windy." Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Invest 99-L or Hermine, next storm on the list - by ThePaladin - 08-26-2016, 07:02 PM