Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/22/19 Hurry to the New Village
Well, it would most likely start in the ME but it would spread. If the ME oil producers decided to go with Russia, China, and Turkey, that would mean cutting the US out of the oil loop. Yes, the US is drilling plenty of oil but most of it is sold to other countries, which is how the oil companies keep their profits rising. They wouldn't be willing to give up the profits for the good of the country, I suspect, and this country is absolutely dependent on oil. It isn't just as fuel, it runs across myriad industries, like all the plastics we use. IAH, if something were to disrupt the flow of oil to this country, it wouldn't be long before it collapsed financially. If/when that were to happen, yep, we would definitely be in servitude.

In fact, an argument could be made that we're already in servitude, considering how reliant we are on the oil-based economy. We just don't want to admit it and industry doesn't want it to change because that would affect their bottom line and heaven knows we can't havethat happen. Rolleyes

Messages In This Thread
12/22/19 Hurry to the New Village - by Eagle1 - 12-22-2019, 07:58 PM
RE: 12/22/19 Hurry to the New Village - by Eagle1 - 12-24-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: 12/22/19 Hurry to the New Village - by ThePaladin - 12-26-2019, 04:04 PM
RE: 12/22/19 Hurry to the New Village - by Eagle1 - 12-26-2019, 11:33 PM