Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metaphysical Sciences And Postmaterialism
(10-13-2014, 01:43 AM)Balsa Wrote: It's hard to decide what to post when it comes to Terence McKenna, but I enjoy this one: Cosmic consciousness and UFO's.
Undoubtedly one of the greatest minds of the past century. Wonderfully entertaining and brilliant. It's when you get to the 35 minute
mark that the doors really begin opening.

It's been a while since I've watched or read McKenna, but this is the best - now I feel like I'm beginning to "get" him.  I hadn't realized he was so aligned with is it Sheldrake?  His description of "Paradise" is brilliant - absolutely inspirational.  All P2 should listen to this youtube.  

The thing that bothers me about "return," and even "rebirth," is that they suggest repetition or going back ... except if we understand that all life is spiralling vortices of the electric universe, as your other video gets into.

I'm not sure about his idea of a return to nomadic life, but I agree that natural medicines and experiences should play a much greater role in our health.  As a medical cannabis patient, I've gained a completely different perspective on these kinds of issues.  I greatly appreciate the value of many other natural medicines, like turmeric, cinnamon, garlic, cayenne, and homeopathy, which includes so many other natural medicines, with no danger or side effects, little expense and pure cure.  The natural "psychedelics" are gaining recognition as being of major benefit to those with PTSD - sidelining of the horrendously suffering victims of life's worst, while filling them with another kind of money-making poison that never cures?

The political implications of all of what he's suggesting are extremely interesting and I know we could discuss it for hours, but I don't think that's the point.  Do you have any kind of vision for how things could, should become?

This video combines elements of both your posts, and this is a quote from a comment below:

"Nearly all original Indigenous culture was a culture of RENEWAL, a Dreaming Culture, such as Australian Aboriginals put it… "

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U2tIVwGwiDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metaphysical Sciences And Postmaterialism - by ParadiseReturn - 10-13-2014, 08:04 PM