Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does it Matter?
Quote:And just like P1 vs P2, each truth team cannot see the value of the other side. It takes a special perspective to see the WHOLE, to see the worth in the juxtaposed position.

Most people have invested in their truth so to try and step back to see another's truth is nearly impossible because anything but their truth is "wrong". They can't hold their truth and still understand that it may be just one of many truths, each as valid as the next in the eyes of those who hold those truths or that the truth is somewhere in the middle of all the others.

I once heard a medicine man say he tells people with whom he disagreed or who disagreed with him that "my way is not your way and your way is not my way;" that his way was neither better nor worse than the other's, it was simply different. I find myself using that phrase often, even with myself, when I read or hear something that doesn't mesh with what I perceive to be a truth.

It certainly cuts down on the drama that would ensue if I defended my truth as though my truth was the only truth. I'm very good with decreased/no drama in my life these days. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Does it Matter? - by esholars - 06-01-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Does it Matter? - by Eagle1 - 06-01-2015, 07:35 PM
RE: Does it Matter? - by ThePaladin - 06-01-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: Does it Matter? - by Eagle1 - 06-01-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Does it Matter? - by ThePaladin - 06-01-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: Does it Matter? - by Eagle1 - 06-02-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: Does it Matter? - by twiceblessed9 - 06-02-2015, 01:03 PM