Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like to post more but fear contamination
D4:

Please note that expressing emotion, reacting to emotion, and simply being aware of emotion are three different things. Some might view the first two as the same thing....reacting to emotion, and that view is perfectly acceptable. We do need to at least see two different things....the emotional energy itself and the reaction to that energy. Being aware of the emotion is vital because it can give you OPTIONS on how to handle that energy. Most of us react subconsciously because we are not aware of the emotion to begin with. For example, when's the last time any of us said calmly after someone does something terrible to us: "I am so angry." If you can say that calmly in the face of sheer anger, then you are doing what I described above perfectly. In order to say or think "I am angry" (instead of just hitting the other person or repressing the anger), means that you are fully aware that your body is welled up in anger. It sounds much easier than it really is, particularly if you are at a level 10 anger (on a 10-level scale).

So, if you can be aware of that emotion, so quickly to be able to calmly state or think that you are angry, then you have given yourself options. The first option is to just feel the energy. Feel the rise, the tension, the muscle contraction, etc. WITHOUT trying to control it. Just sit there and feel it completely. That is how you reduce day residue.

But then you can do other things with that energy. I wrote about this in my book. You can take that energy, and first feel it. Then you learn what it has to teach you (about yourself and/or your environment), and then you can organize the energy and finally you can apply that organized energy into the creative process. That last half is very very advanced.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would like to post more but fear contamination - by Eagle1 - 07-31-2015, 04:17 PM