Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A jumble of dreams
Quote:The pursuers are right behind us now. They attack.
When reading your dream, I kept getting the emotional sense of what you were experiencing, like reading a good book. Strangely I was following along quite well... I got a sense that the above sentence is an inner question... as well as the scene in the dream, my question to you is this....

Do you feel like you are escaping some darkness yourself with your move, the change in homes can sometimes be a relief but when i have moved i have questioned if i was in fact running away from something, people, places, burdens that no longer fit my current life or my spiritual well being. During this process of moving, are you taking enough time to examine these feelings you are clearly having, which are manifesting in the dream time? Or do you feel like this all completely outside of yourself?

I'm a military brat who married an AD servicemember. Moving is a way of life for me and I have a hard time fathoming those people who choose to live in one place their entire lives. This move is different, though, not that I'm doing it on my own(BTDT as a military spouse) but the sense that what was my life has ended and what will be my life is beginning. We're letting go of physical "stuff" we've collected over the course of our marriage to lighten our load and become more mobile. I learned last year how little I need to be comfortable(A bed is now high on that list. I am so NOT a floor-sleeping person). There's also the feel that my time in this area is coming to an end, that it's time for me to move on to my next location. Heck, for all I know, I'll end up living in an RV(hopefully not down by a river) with the cats.

I understand what you're asking in terms of is this move more of an escape hatch for me. I've thought about this, wondering the same thing, and I don't think so. Yes, moving in the past afforded me the opportunity to start over, avoiding the fact that wherever I went, there I was, as screwed up as ever. We've lived in TX for 14 years, the longest I've ever lived anywhere, and I've come to understand that my time here was about staying still and healing physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I like it here. I could stay here for the rest of my life. But it's time for me to step out on this next part of my journey.

There are some other aspects to this move that I prefer not discussing on a public board. I will say the spouse has seen enough happen and experienced enough on his own that he understands why this move is necessary and he is totally on board.

As for the cats, this morning they were both sleeping in the bathroom. One was on the new toilet lid cover and the other was in the bathtub. Why? Who knows? I know I don't. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
A jumble of dreams - by ThePaladin - 08-19-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: A jumble of dreams - by twiceblessed9 - 08-19-2015, 06:09 PM
RE: A jumble of dreams - by ThePaladin - 08-20-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: A jumble of dreams - by Eagle1 - 08-20-2015, 10:59 PM
RE: A jumble of dreams - by ThePaladin - 08-21-2015, 05:00 PM
RE: A jumble of dreams - by twiceblessed9 - 08-21-2015, 05:20 PM