Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On vacation
10 Nov 2015

No intention set

Spouse and I were camping somewhere with hills and lots of trees. Nice place. Big campsites, big enough for an RV or camping trailer. Had full hookups but we were tent camping. I liked the area so much I decided I would bring my trailer and rent a site for a while. There were other people there, all in RVs, and everyone was friendly. Even the weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, just right, sunny and clear with enough of a breeze to be comfortable.

I spied a couple of stray cats slipping around the brush and bushes. Commented about the cats to one of the other park visitors. She told me not to worry about it, they would tell the rangers, who would capture the cats and take them to a rescue group. Sure enough, later I saw one of the park rangers carrying a cage with a gray tiger-striped cat inside. The ranger told me he was taking the cat to a local rescue group where it would be checked out by a vet, cleaned up, and possibly put up for adoption, if it wasn't too feral. I thought that was a fine idea and thanked him for helping out with the cat.

Went looking for the spouse and he was deep in a game of penny ante poker with a bunch of the other campers. It looked like he was having a blast so I left him to it. Some of the ladies were working on a quilt and invited me to join them so I did. They asked if I was planning to stay and I said yes, I liked it here, but I would go home first and get my trailer because I wasn't that fond of tent camping.

Seriously, this was the most laidback dream I've had in a long, long time. It was like a vacation dream, just something enjoyable without any drama or darkness. If I could find a campground like that, which would let me stay indefinitely, I would be there. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
On vacation - by ThePaladin - 11-12-2015, 02:26 AM
RE: On vacation - by Cassandra - 11-12-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: On vacation - by Rene1111 - 11-15-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: On vacation - by ThePaladin - 11-15-2015, 02:58 AM
RE: On vacation - by Rene1111 - 11-15-2015, 05:06 PM