Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics of this forum and posting
NHWatcher, thank you for bringing this here. Much appreciated, as I wouldn't continue on Aletalete's thread out of respect.

Therefore, my first post here is in reply to things you said on that thread.

I can't help it if anyone in your past did "ask God" for lotto numbers. I never have and did not suggest anyone do that here at NDC. I never asked God for a string of numbers or single numbers when I was buying tickets in the eighties or nineties, either. Did not have to. Numbers popped into my mind as quickly as I could write them.

Same is true for last June when I chose 5 sets during a very unique and weird 2 week period of my life here at NDC. Just scribbled'em on the fridge marker-board as quickly as I could write. Why? **the experiment** of it all! the fun, yes.
Numbers pop into my mind intermittently and have for decades and they turn out to be true. No asking God, they just happen so therefore I don't ask for them when experimenting.

My experience is that intuition puts them there without asking and without trying to engineer them in any way. (happened just hours ago with names, a multiple-choice question by a Hollywood reporter on a radio station, the correct of 4 names popped into my mind and I said it aloud for fun, standing next to hubby in kitchen. I knew NOTHING about which of the 4 male actors do a B.clinton voice the best, but the right one was what I said aloud.) I LUV! experiments and have I guess all of my life.

I could not disagree more. This forum is a Grand Experiment with all types of precognitive gifts. Some of us never asked for the gifts that were hoisted upon us. This and any other forum that allows for general discussion of, so it appears, anything that isn't X-rated or off colored is not an inappropriate place to share lotto numbers, recipes or any number of things. EXCEPT....

this is Eagle1's forum. If he says not to share them here, bingo settles it for me not because I agree it is out of place but because it's "his dime, his time" and I am a guest here, just as when being a guest in anyone's home.

Again, I disagree with you. No, not "just about anything" can be justified by bible and certainly not my conscience. Never has been done in my life nor will. The scripture I posted is quite clear as I read it.

I can't speak for others here but playing with the lotto, experimenting with guessing games and maybe, like myself not buying a ticket, (still have not since living temporarily in TX back in '97) does not require that I "believe for a moment that God's purposes (or any spiritual gain) comes from lottery winnings alone." My walk with Him, as He has held His nose and tolerated me for so long, is a deeper, richer and more mature of a relationship than for your words here to be able to relate to me at this time.

It is not the lottery's fault that some of those that are the most needy or that are the most foolish with what they have had and have, misuse the thing. Yes, the human condition shows us that were this line of thinking to dictate what we allow or not allow, oh, so many things as well as guns, knives and many others would be things we find fault with even existing.

"What this forum continually seeks" is to be able to predict the future. Predicting what numbers will arise for gain as well as not for personal gain is not insulting this place, as this Grand Experiment has presented some of the strangest, most shocking things ever witnessed by myself, included and *to myself, included. My hunch is that some others here have had freaky things thrown upon them that they, too did not seek in any way.

Ahh, now I read your second long post, the one where you share that you've had personal, very negative experience with a or some lottery. Whew, very sorry to hear that and thankful that you shared this. It helps to understand why you have said many of the things you have, about it.

NHWatcher, now I can reply to your thread-opener here.

The ethics that I found here were for P2 in that section and I barely remember reading a page in late June or early July before leaving. It said something clearly and simply about not using P2 abilities? or not sure of the word after "P2" for financial gain? or some type of personal gain or heck did it? say "personal gain" in a carte blanche manner.
I can't recall any other place of ethics mentioned, so I assume ethics by some of the farout stuff I've witnessed here.

Yes, you are right about all forums. Even citydata.com or something like that has way over a million members registered, if that's not 2 million and only a relative "tiny fraction" of that registered number are regular members and it, too has sections for literally every subject in life, even mental health, etc. Of course those that post daily "dominate" the place. Also true they keep it alive, giving it something for th e lurkers to log in to read.

The internet does not have just "the illusion" of importance. For example, www.drudgereport.com Is not just a news site. It determines the news reported in any given day, oh I suspect to around 97% or so. Many of us do the majority of our shopping online, many medical staff now email with patients and even off of that contact email back and/or phone, to inform what prescription is being phoned-in to the person's chosen pharmacy. The internet *is* now important, touching many areas if not all in our lives. So much so that some liberal states, Hawaii is one that dared to suggest taking "voting" to internet!! I know someone that is livid about that "threat/suggestion."

I am very glad that you mentioned the "taking over" of threads and/or fact it can feel like that in the flow of human conversation, or I should have said the "evolution" of conversation. I got off of Aletalete's thread as quickly as that person posted their unhappiness about their thread. Again, in a way we were all guests on that thread, IMO.

Yes, being a mod is sometimes a breeze and other times VERY hard! I have been one at three forums in 18 or so year, I think a fourth but LOL with ten people, no, I never ever "moderated." The owner, when it was new did not know how big it would grow, hence asking a few of us to moderate.
But! oh man, the first time a mod back in '98, I think it was, I made friends with a dozen people at least, and then two of them would "get into it" over politics and I was reading from behind the scenes and seeing points by each of them. It's enough to pull your hair out when two folks of integrity and great intellect "get into it" on any level.
The mods here have this place looking awesome~

Ahh, and in closing, on your last paragraph, have you noticed how the section here of "Inspiration...Art...Creativity...Poems...Positivity" is introduced? Oh man, OR **WAS** introduced, did you see it? LOL I don't see the short introduction now but know I read it many months ago. I may be wrong but I think the gifted dreamer Windy wrote the intro., it said something about if our contribution could bless even one person, to post it.
Yes~

Messages In This Thread
Ethics of this forum and posting - by NH watcher - 01-12-2016, 05:35 AM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Eagle1 - 01-12-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-12-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-13-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-13-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-14-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Ethics of this forum and posting - by Nanny - 01-16-2016, 06:02 PM