Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM
Another way around this, Julie, is to ask your pharmacist his/her opinion about Esidrix. Then you may say to your doctor, you asked your pharmacist about it first, and had a positive feeling to then suggest it at your appointment. ALL doctors know that any pharmacist knows far more about drugs than they do. Doctors routinely rely on pharmacists to call them to ask, are you sure to prescribe this (?), because patients lie and shop around, and those who are drug addicts routinely go doctor to doctor, trying to find someone who will prescribe such-and-such to them. Any doctor should not be offended that you asked your pharmacist for an opinion, and then, that is how you ended up suggesting it.

I can't recall the exact drug my father was on, but this may be it. It sounds like a mild diuretic.

Again, I have misgivings about all HBP meds, but if you go with something mild, it may do the trick, and your body may not resist it as much. My brother has been very frank with me, insinuating at times that doctors know roughly 10% about drugs that pharmacists do. Doctors rely on salesmen, and their fellow doctors, to let them know what is safe and common to prescribe. And my brother has also had to deal with the drug addict who tried to manipulate him to prescribe pain meds. What he went through, having to document it all, I would not wish on anyone.

Hope this helps too.

Messages In This Thread
Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by Cassandra - 01-20-2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by Nanny - 01-20-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by NH watcher - 01-22-2016, 05:39 AM
RE: Blood Pressure Med's, 1.20.16, AM - by Nanny - 01-22-2016, 06:51 PM