Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Impacted by 'Big Rains' Flooding and Distant Colorado River
I dreamed we were looking at real estate, and our realtor was showing us a small perhaps 2 bedroom home in a very small quaint town. I was very interested in the home, as it was in the center of the small town, and a small river ran through the backyard. I remarked that we would have front row seats for any parades, and someone laughed and said that parades in this town would be short and probably only have one float as the town was so small.

The house was the right size and on a scenic lot. A building inspector was walking the property with us, and measuring rooms. We were in the master bedroom, and surprised to see the cement floor at a 30 degree angle, and asked about that. The inspector said that was for drainage, as the river actually ran under the house. I asked about flooding, and he said the house did flood one time several years ago during the 'big rains', and the water came up to 7 feet high in the house. I was puzzled that the house was still standing. The inspector also said that when the Colorado River is diverted into that second river, some of the water would flow into the river under the house, so flooding would be an issue. He was very calm and matter-of-fact about this, and did not seem to find it unusual that we were looking at a house with a high probability of flood issues. Needless to say, we told our realtor to tear up the contract we were writing and to keep looking. (I was also puzzled while in this dream as we live in Ohio and I couldn't imagine how the Colorado River would affect us here).

Messages In This Thread
Home Impacted by 'Big Rains' Flooding and Distant Colorado River - by Iris - 02-21-2016, 09:12 AM