Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My haircut that I thought was a "candid camera" punking experience....for a moment~
And I prefer my hair short so I don't have to mess with it. Wash and go, that's me. Sometimes I get lazy and let it grow out. Then it's up in ponytails to keep it out of my face until I get sick of it and get it all chopped off.

Worst haircut I ever got was way back when we lived in Seattle, the local beauty college was looking victims volunteers for their students. We were starving students and I needed a haircut so I signed up because I also wanted to try a perm. Nothing spectacular, just more waves in my hair.

I did not get waves. I got a 'fro. No kidding. I was horrified. It looked like my head exploded. They assured me that the "waves" would fall out in a few days, to give it a chance. Not like I had a choice or anything, and I couldn't even threaten to not pay since the whole thing was free, so I went home. #1 son was an infant at the time and he didn't want anything to do with this strange poof-headed woman who was caring with him. The hubster just blinked, stunned into speechlessness, when he saw me. No way he couldn't notice the change.

A week later, while I was still waiting for the "waves" to relax, #1 son and I flew to visit my family. It was a surprise in more ways than one. My own mother didn't recognize me. When she realized the chrysanthemum-haired person was her daughter, she blurted out "What the hell happened to your hair?" Given that my mother seldom swore(unlike me) I knew she was beyond shocked. Big Grin

Eventually the "waves" fell out because the perm damaged my hair so much that it started breaking. We scraped together enough money for me to go to a regular salon and I had it all cut off. I finally looked like myself again. Never went back to the beauty school. Tried a home perm, which completely destroyed my hair to the point I damned near had to get my head shaved. So no more perms, either. LOL

I dunno, Nanny. I think you ought to go for the different look, complete with the leather jacket and bike. Go wild for a while. Be all badass.*cue Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild" here*

I had spiky hair for a short while but it required using hair snot, which then required frequent shampoos and I'm basically lazy so it was too much work. Bye-bye spikes. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: My haircut that I thought was a "candid camera" punking experience....fo... - by ThePaladin - 03-29-2016, 02:16 AM